harry :2

You left right after breakfast. He walked you the whole way back, but yet you couldn't bring yourself to ask him what he meant by his words. You were still shaken up a little from last night's events and his words just made you feel more puzzled, you didn't dare ask for the answer.

But you didn't see him for the whole next week. He didn't show up at the bakery, didn't knock on your door to take you out, nothing. It was as if he had vanished, and you felt stupid for trusting him so much. Stupid for liking him so much, because now, it was obvious the feelings weren't reciprocated. Feeling very down one day after work, which squeezed the last ounce of will and happiness (all because of a one particularly unpleasant customer) and only exhaustion was left in your body, as you walked the familiar path to your cottage, you broke down. Tears brimmed your eyes and, eventually, spilled down. You softly cried on your way, and somewhere, in a very little part of your heart, you still wished for Harry to find you and envelope you in one of his comforting, warm hugs, which made you cry even more.

No matter how many times you tried replaying the memories of you and him, you never found any where you could've saved him.

Was that some kind of a wicked joke? That you saved him now, because you left his life? You wouldn't prop Harry to be the type, but then again, maybe it was all just a mask. You weren't good at spotting when people were lying and were pretty gullible, so fooling you is in no way hard.

Or maybe you were just overdramatizing things. After all, it was only a week. But you were so used to seeing him almost everyday (and if you two didn't see each other, he'd take care to at least send you a letter, or leave a small basket of fruit or a bit of food he'd cooked in front of your doorstep. So when you didn't hear from him for such a long time, it did take a blow on you.

Feeling rather depressed, you called in sick to work the next day and got yourself the rest of the week free.

You hated yourself for the fact that you got so attached to him, that when he's not there, you aren't able to function properly. You didn't want to cling to someone so much, yet you were here, laying in bed with no energy to move or even breathe. All because of him.

You also didn't want to be the needy type, so going over to his and demand answers out of him wasn't an option to you.

You tried comforting yourself with pathetic little phrases, it's his loss, he's not worth the tears, there's plenty fish in the sea (along with thrash, apparently), but it didn't help. You were frustrated at yourself for acting like a little schoolgirl who just got her heart broken by her secret crush.

Well, you kind of just did get your heart broken.

After the week of 'being sick', you made up your mind. That's it, you'll forget Harry. If he won't come back to show you you do mean something to him, then you don't need him either. You want to find yourself someone who won't be scared to show their feelings, someone who won't leave you without any notice.

Yet, you forgot all of the tears, all the times you felt angry, sad, tired when he, after an excruciatingly long week, knocked on your doorstep. No, you forgot all about the aching pain and heartbreak and instead, showed him your biggest smile when you opened the door for him.

*

A wave of relief rushed through you when you saw him standing there, with his snowy hair, his friendly face, his-

Wait, what?

The smile plastered on your face fell down. Furiously blinking, you couldn't believe your eyes. As you gazed into his eyes, his dark orbs weren't dark as they used to be anymore. They were purple.

They were purple, and it felt as if they were staring right through you and into your soul. You backed away.

"Y/n-" he started, but you didn't let him finish.