eugene :3

You woke up to the sound of a purring cat. Wait, no, not a cat - Eugene. Feeling something ticklish underneath your chin, you opened your eyes and tried to look down. Suppressing your grin, you saw Eugene's head cuddled into the crook of your neck, his ears tickling when he moved his head in his sleep. The deep rumble coming from his chest made a vibrating sound. His tail was hanging over your hips and his arms cuddled close to his body as he lay in your embrace.

To say you were surprised by his actions would be an understatement. No, he probably didn't even know he's cuddled up to you - he must've done it unconsciously in his sleep.

You slowly tried to get up without waking him up, you knew he'd most likely feel uncomfortable and awkward if he found himself in such a situation, sleeping in your arms. Your attempt was successful and soon you were opening his door and quickly shutting it after you, locking yourself in the bathroom to do your morning hygiene. When you finished, you went to the kitchen to whip up some easy breakfast for the two of you, and already found the cat boy sitting behind the table.

You smiled at him, trying to forget the morning scene and asked, "How'd you sleep?"

He was looking at the floor but at the sound of your voice, his face looked up. He eyed your face for a second and replied, "I slept... good." He looked down again, avoiding your gaze. The faint redness on his cheeks told you he knew what had happened.

You chose to ignore the blushing and continued making breakfast, letting go the fact that he may have cuddled up to you in bed consciously because he wanted to. After you two ate, he vanished in your room and you picked up the books on the couch with the means to study.

The time flew by fast, a knock bringing you back into reality from the excessively boring and academic text in the book. You ran to your door and opened, you had no idea who it could be.

Tim stood at your door. He nervously smiled, to which you responded with a small, "Hi. What are you doing here?"

Scratching his neck, he fumbled with his words, "I found out you were sick - just thought I'd check up on you and see if you need anything."

He continued to smile at you, not looking anywhere else but at your face. You got used to his behaviour after working with him for some time, and even though it used to make you uncomfortable, now, you ignored his piercing gaze. You gave him a smile too, "Oh, that's nice of you, thank you. I appreciate you worrying, but I'm really all good." You coughed a little at the end as to not look too healthy.

His look moved from your face to somewhere behind you, his smile faltering, "Oh, I see."

You turned your head to see what he was staring at - Eugene was standing there with a nit so pleased expression on his face.

Suddenly, Tim seemed very self-conscious and regretted he came, "I-I'll leave you be then."

Without waiting for you to say something, he turned on his heel and left, leaving you standing in the door step with your hand still clutching the doorknob. You shook your head and closed the door, Eugene still looking at you.

"I told you I don't like him," he lowly said.

You gave him a look, "Still, there's no need to scare him off. He was only being a caring friend."

"A caring friend? Don't you see he likes you? God, it's so obvious but you're so stupid," he groaned.

So what if he likes me? It's none of your business, Eugene!

You didn't know why his remark made you so angry. After all, you didn't like Tim back, he really was only a friend to you.

You walked past Eugene, leaving the boy to sit on the couch and proceed to read where you left off, not paying any more mind to him.