Red X: Think again.

He fires X's from both palms.

Robin: Titans! Go!

All but Raven scatter as those projectiles stick in the ground like throwing stars; they explode in quick succession, and she puts up a shield just before the line of blasts reaches her. Taking it down, she looks across the room and finds Red X charging at her for a flying kick. Up goes another barrier, but he disappears in midair and winks back in behind her. A low sweeping kick cuts her legs out from under her; he vanishes again, then comes back a moment later once she has hit the ground.

He pulls out another X, this one folded up, and flicks it out like a switchblade. Before he can do anything with this weapon, a starbolt blasts it out of his hand; cut to Starfire, on the warpath with both fists blazing.

Red X does a long, high somersault across the warehouse, dodging every starbolt that comes his way, and rebounds off the far wall. The return trip carries him over her head; he kicks her in the back and she has to move fast in order to catch up. Off they go, he leaping from one girder to another, she firing from above. Turning in midair to face her, he shoots a red energy beam from each hand; these hit two adjacent vertical girders and ricochet down at an angle to form a large X. Starfire flies right into the center of this, gets blasted with one agonized yell, and drops out.

Up comes Beast Boy as a pterodactyl; down he comes as a large, roaring orangutan, but the enemy shoves an X into his mouth, wedging the jaws wide open, and gets away easily. The green primate struggles with the device for a moment, then becomes a hippopotamus and opens wide to let it drop free. One glance toward the floor shows him just how precarious his position really is, a massive animal balanced on a single steel beam, after all, and he slides halfway down to hang from his front legs. The strain is too great; he plummets into a stack of crates, while Red X drops neatly to the floor nearby.

Pull back a bit as the masked evildoer looks up in surprise. Now Cyborg rushes in for his turn; in response, an X is fired from one gloved palm. The Titan skids to a halt, but instead of striking him, the projectile stops just short of his face and extends itself like a pair of giant rubber bands. Each of the four ends adheres to a different crate in the stacks; these are then pulled back in at high speed, smashing against him.

Close-up of Red X. Behind him, Beast Boy returns to human form and Starfire swoops down from above. Pan a bit as he looks off to his other side and Raven moves in there, then pull back to frame Cyborg; standing up from the pounding he just took. The big man flicks a chip of wood off his shoulder, perhaps taking the old expression too far in showing his readiness to fight, and brings up his sonic cannon. On the next line, all four Titans move in, Beast Boy turning into a Sasquatch, Raven levitating a crate.

Red X: Come on, kids. X marks the spot.

A cannon blast slices toward him. Pull back; just as it reaches his location, he leaps to avoid it and does a second jump that puts him on the floating crate. Pushing off from this spot, he dives past a few starbolts and comes down in a crouch, and the camera pulls back and tilts up to frame the huge green creature behind him.

Beast Boy roars and lifts both fists, but Red X vanishes just in time to avoid their impact. The empty palms get a long, puzzled look as both girls regroup behind their owner; he shrugs and the camera zooms in quickly on a stack of crates behind the trio as Red X appears atop it.

Now, at long last, the bat brothers enters the fray with a flying tackle that carries his opposite number off the stack. Their silhouettes tumble across the floor; in full detail, both come up in a crouch and face each other down. Robin whips a birdarang at Red X, who winks out in order not to catch it with his face; as it returns to the thrower, the target materializes behind him and throws a punch at the back of his head. Robin sidesteps just in time, drops to the floor, and brings both legs up for a kick; however, Red X blocks it with one hand and pushes himself into the air from the steel boot soles. Up he goes in a high arc, which brings him back to floor level to face Mason again.