A Short Break 1

Maki was hugging Sienna at the moment. Sienna was surprised her daughter was here but was overjoyed nonetheless.

Emerald, Salem, and Yang pouted in jealousy. They wanted to see their children from Happy Holidays!

Remembering her photo album, Winter wished her children were here as well.

"The first function was created so that she and the other children would see their mother's counterparts as their own mothers," Jack thought.

Jack snapped his fingers.

"However, all the children will contain their opinions, beliefs, and emotions from their own reality."

"Some may even see this world's Jaune as their father."

Maki looked around and smiled when she saw the other members of the White Fang. She broke from her hug with Sienna. She went to each one. Depending on each one, she called them by their name and proceeded to hug them, much to their surprise. Still, they returned a hug, not wanting to upset her.

"You know me?" Ilia asked.

Maki nodded happily.

"Mm-hmm. I couldn't forget my babysitters," Maki said.

The White Fang was further surprised to hear this. They never expected to be babysitters. However, when they saw how kind and well-behaved Maki was, they weren't against it.

Maki broke from the hug with Ilia and lastly hugged Adam.

Adam looked at Maki. To him, her appearance changed to an even younger girl who had red hair and cow horns, much to his surprise. Adam brought Maki closer and began crying, his tears hitting the top of Maki's ears.

She looked up to see a crying Adam.

"Eva," He said.

Many of the White Fang was looking at Adam in worry, not having seen him like this since SAS1C24.

"Adam. You alright?" Jack asked, feigning ignorance on why Adam was crying.

Using his coat sleeve, Adam wiped away his tears before putting on a smile. He tousled Maki's hair.

"Yeah. Just allergies," He said.

"Okay," Maki said, not totally convinced.

Adam looked to the side and saw a distraction.

"Uh look. Your grandma is here," He said pointing at Juniper.

Maki turned and saw the Arcs, her eyes have stars in them. She ran to Juniper and hugged her.

"Grandma!" She said happily.

Juniper looked at Maki and squealed in joy at how adorable she was. She returned the hug, happy to meet her granddaughter. The rest of the Arcs were around her. She greeted each of them, earning many happy responses from her relatives.

The Arcs were happy to meet their daughter. While they did not trust Sienna, they didn't hold that against Maki. While the rest of the Arcs were preoccupied with Maki, Alsie had not forgotten who Maki's mother was. She focused on Sienna who gulped in fear upon seeing Alsie's gaze.

Maki looked around for Jaune.

"Where's Papa?"  She asked.

They all went silent, not knowing what to answer.

"Your father is busy with business. Don't worry. You'll see him," Jack said, earning a nod from Maki.

She decided to spend time with her family. Jack looked at the rest of the guests.