Shadow Arc: Season 1 Chapter 6

"Now, before the next viewing starts, I have something to ask of Salem," Jack said.

Everyone wondered what the host could want from Salem. The once-immortal witch wondered the most.

"What do you want from me?" Salem asked.

"I want a piece of your magic to give to Jaune," Jack said.

"Wait what?!" Everyone shouted in disbelief.

"Why?" Salem asked, still taken back by the request.

"Why not?" Jack asked back.

"Wait. This is like what happened to a Jaune Arc in one of the viewings," Cinder said.

"I guess," Jack said, nonchalantly.

Most of the audience gulped in fear as they remembered that viewing.

"If you need to take anyone's magic, I volunteer myself. Besides, I doubt her magic is as good as mine," Ozpin said.

Salem started to twitch her eye in anger at her ex-husband's statement.

"You know what Jack. I would be happy to donate a piece of my magic to my beloved, Jaune," Salem said.

Everyone was surprised at the witch's decision.

Those with crushes glared at Salem for that "beloved" line.

Jack smiled. He pulls out a small black box. A piece of Salem's magic leaves her body and goes into the box. 

Salem could feel that she became slightly weaker with that stunt.

Soon, the small black box starts to spin around. When the spinning stops, it is a small black gift box with a dark orange bow tied to it.

In a second, it disappears.

"Where'd it go?" Nora asked.

"To Jaune," Jack said.

Many hoped Jaune would not join Salem's side because of the gift.

Salem hoped this gift would bring Jaune over to her side.

"Alright, time for the next viewing," Jack said.

The screen opens to an afternoon in the deserts of Vacuo. If the almost never-ending sand doesn't cause irritation, the scorching sun will.

Many felt like delaying a trip to Vacuo.

Those from Vacuo just shrugged their shoulders, totally used to the environment,

The kingdom where weakness means death.

Those from Vacuo nodded in confirmation of their kingdom's customs.

Some nodded in respect to the line.

However, despite the terrain, people are able to survive in the cruel environment.

The screen changes to show a large settlement within the deserts. It has numerous tents set up. The settlement itself is surrounded by large rock walls.

The screen changes to show Jaune outside an opening of the rock walls. He is wearing a dark brown, desert cloak that goes below his knees. He wears a scarf mask that covers his nose and mouth, stopping at the bottom of his neck.

He is surrounded by six bandits, each holding a variety of weapons.

Many hoped he would be alright.

Some weren't worried.

Jaune and the bandits begin walking inside.

As they walk through the settlement, other bandits are looking at Jaune.