He at first calmly walks away from Bail, before quickly jogging over to Y/n. He crashes into her with a tight hug, lifting her off her feet and spinning her a little. The man lets out a sigh when he sets her down, still holding her close.

"I'm glad to see you alive." Y/n says with a small laugh, leaning up to peck his lips "I was starting to get worried."

Anakin moves back a little their faces still close, and he stares into his lovers eyes "I'll always come back to you." He says lowly. Once again he leans down pressing a quick kiss to her lips, before moving back again "I've missed you so much, Y/n." He says gently.

Y/n smiles a blush covering her cheeks "Are you okay? Are you hurt at all?" She asks.

"I'm all right." Anakin says with a laugh, placing his hand on the back of her neck. It felt so nice to be close again, to be able to touch one another again "It feels like we've been apart for a lifetime. And it might've been, if the Chancellor didn't get kidnapped. I don't think they would have ever brought us back from the outer rim sieges." He ranted. Anakin leaned close, pressing a kiss to her neck and cheek.

Hesitantly Y/n pushed him back a bit, bit still remained close "Wait. Not here." She whispered afraid someone would catch them. She wished the two of them could freely kiss each other, and love each other in public. But that's not how things were.

"Yes, here." Anakin denied his voice low, but still gentle "I'm-I'm tired of all this deception. I don't care if they know we're together." He says.

Y/n smiles a little "Ani, I don't want you to get in trouble." She whispered, reaching her hands up to cup hos face "Remember our deal?"

Anakin sighs with a nod "I know, after the war." He says "It's pretty much already over." He adds.

"I know. I heard you apprehended Dooku." Y/n says proudly with a smile, changing the topic quickly.

A smile graced Anakin's beautiful face "Yeah....but I need to talk with you about that, in private though." He says, pulling her into another hug just wanting to hold her. But when Anakin felt her trembling with anxiety, he moved back "Sweets, are you all right? You're trembling." He said in worry.

Y/n froze a little looking up at him "I am?" She asked, knowing she couldn't hide her nerves now. She hadn't even realized she had been trembling.

"Do you need to go to the doctor? Is something wrong?" Anakin asked in worry, his hands resting on the upper part of her arms "Are you sick? You look a little pale, and exhausted."

"No, no, it's-I don't need to go to the doctor." Y/n quickly said while shaking her head.

Anakin continued to stare at her with worry "Whats going on?" He asks, placing his flesh hand on her cheek.

Y/n could feel the tears welling in her eyes already, and she swallows "Promise not be upset?" She asks.

"Why would I be upset, love?" Anakin asked searching her gaze "What's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant." Y/n blurts out quickly, looking away from Anakin before looking back. Anakin stares at Y/n in shock, before looking down. His silence scared Y/n, and it only made her anxiety rise "Please say something." She begged.

"That's-" Anakin lets out a sigh "Well, that's won- That's wonderful." He stuttered. A big smile quickly appearing on his face, as he looks back up to meet Y/n's teary eyes.

"You-you're not mad?" Y/n whispered, a tear falling down her cheek.

"Hey, don't cry." Anakin said quickly bringing his flesh hand up, gently wiping the tears from her eyes "Why would I be mad?"

Y/n lets out a breath of relief "We-we never talked about this...and I don't know, I got scared." She whimpered, "We planned for things like this to happen...after the war."

Anakin leans down and pecks her lips again "Y/n, we're going to have a baby. Do you know how-how amazing that is?"

"What are we gonna do though?" Y/n asks panic "People are going to ask questions. They're going to assume things."

"Hey, hey, we're not gonna worth about anything right now. All right?" Anakin says gently "This is a happy moment. The-the happiest moment of my life."

Y/n smiles as more tears fall, and she laughs pulling him close. The two stand there for a moment, just simply holding each other. Anakin is the first to step back, wiping Y/n's tears once more.

"I've got some business go deal with, but I'll meet you at home. Okay?" Anakin asks with a smile.

"Bring home dinner?" Y/n asks with a grin.

Anakin laughs with a nod "Of course, I'll bring home dinner." He says, leaning down and kissing her gently "I love you." He murmured once he pulled away.

"I love you too."

☁︎

Y/n had returned to her apartment, and instantly gone to her office. She had promised Padmè that she'd tell her when she talked to Anakin, and what had gone on.

"So how'd it go?" Padmè asked through the hologram, she was still on Coruscant but didn't feel like leaving her apartment.

Y/n smiles "It went good, fantastic actually." She says.

"Is he excited about the baby?" Padmè asks.

"Yeah, he said it was the happiest moment of his life." Y/n said happily.

Padmè claps with excitement "Oh I'm so happy for you two." She says "I can already imagine him telling Shmi."

Y/n gasps "Oh force thats right!" She exclaimed "We still have to tell her."

"Oh she's gonna be excited." Padmè says with a laugh, "I heard that Anakin apprehending Dooku." She adds.

"I'm glad that Dooku has been arrested, now he can suffer for what he did to my family." Y/n mumbled with a sigh.

Padmè nods in agreement "I'm surprised Anakin didn't kill him." She says.

Y/n laughs a little "Oh I'm sure he did." She says "But I made him promise to bring him in alive, if it every came to it. And it did."

"Well it's good he apprehending Dooku, one step closer to ending this war." Padmè says with a smile, "I wonder how he managed to do all that..." She adds.

"I dunno, I'll have to ask him." Y/n says looking at the clock "He should be home soon hopefully."

Padmè hums "Well, I'll leave you be. I've got to contact Noah anyway, make sure he's taking care of himself."

Y/n smiles "Tell my brother I said 'hi'."

"I will. Talk to you later Y/n."

"Bye Mae."