Chapter 1- foreboding

A clear, sunny and peaceful day. The bright blue sky was adorned scarcely by equally bright white and fluffy clouds. It's always like this during the summers here. In fact, summer was the only time of the year where everything stayed the same, year after year. The other months had its perks, but summer rarely changed from its usual quota.

The days were longer and warmer, children were being let out of school for their break, the usual fairs and events were opening up to capitalize on the increase of people who were free to do as they please. Everything was how it always was.

... Well, I guess now it wasn't as normal as it used to be. That being because of a certain recently turned blue, recently turned giant, hedgehog. It was certainly an experience to see him roaming around. His giant stature and blue colour made him easy to spot basically anywhere.

All the sudden attention on him was rather jarring at first, but at the end of the day, he didn't mind it. The people who weren't unnerved or scared of his presence were nice to him at least. Mostly it was the children, though.

But right now he wasn't around anyone. Right now, he was alone, resting against the barred green hills he called home. The warm sun shone across his body, it made him tired. Maybe he'd take a well deserved nap. Though, the last time he fell asleep in the sun, it burned his body and made his quills twice as dark as it usually was, luckily that wasn't permanent.

"Sonic. Sonic are you there?" A voice called into his ear.

It was from an earpiece, the only way he could stay in contact with his friends as he didn't have a phone anymore. He couldn't really use a phone if he wanted to, not unless someone made one that could fit in his hands. Hmm... maybe he should ask Tails to make him one.

"I'm here, Tails." Sonic responded as he pressed a finger to his ear. "What's shakin?"

"Well, we sort of have a situation down here at G. U. N. It's not too serious, but I think you should come check it out."

Sonic groaned. "Ugh, right now? I was having a nice time doing nothing and being away from people!"

"Sonic..."

"Okay okay, I'll be there in ten."

"Thanks."

Sonic stood up and stretched. First his back then his legs then his arms. Making a satisfying groan as he readied himself to get moving again. "Alright. Let's see what the problem is this time." And he sped off at the speed of sound.

...

"Alright I'm here!" Sonic said as he walked towards the group. "What's the.... Uh..."

Sonic stared at the scene before him. His friends surrounded a silver coloured hedgehog who was tied up as tight as one can be. His mouth was dictated tight and his hands were encased in thick amounts of tinfoil. They'll need to restock the kitchen because of this. The silver hedgehog was very surprised and hostile seeing sonic in front of him.

"...Why is there a guy tied up?"

"This guy came in and started talking crap about you!" Knuckles grunted. "He wouldn't shut up so we tied him up and put tape over his mouth."

Sonic sighed and sat in front of them. "Alright. Well, I'm here. Unductape him so we can figure this all out."

"Fine by me!" Knuckles grinned and immediately ripped off the tape that covered the hedgehog's mouth.

"OW!!!" The silver hedgehog shouted.

"Ah quit whining! I'm already sick of you from insulting Sonic earlier! Calling him a monster!"