Chapter 11

The following day, Reid picked me up once again to go to work

The following day, Reid picked me up once again to go to work. He drove all the way this time and seemed more calmer than yesterday. I didn't say much as I didn't want to accidentally upset him. He quickly found our parking spot, turned the car off, and got out.

I followed after him with my bag in hand as we climbed up the huts stairs. I did my routine spray of sunscreen and held up the bottle for Reid. He sighed and lifted his arms, letting me spray his back and front. He had his sunglasses on which I'm not going to lie made him look ten times more attractive.

"You're staring again," Reid said. I gaped, how could he see me when his back was towards me? He turned around, pushing his glasses up his nose bridge, a smirk stretching on his lips. "I can feel you staring. Can't keep your eyes off me, Ted?"

"Who's Ted," Jasper walked in, setting his things down on a nearby chair.

Reid dropped his binoculars, letting it hang from his neck, "no one."

I glared at him for his slip-up, I held a finger up and mouthed "Strike one." He raised his eyebrows in anticipation.

I decided to start my daily run before the beach filled up with people completely. After I swam a few laps I emerged from the water feeling refreshed. Reid was on to something when he said swimming made the mind and body sharper and on point.

I strolled around the area, nodding in greeting at people as they walked by. A group of kids were crouched down by the shore, digging for seashells. I spotted Bailey in the bunch who waved at me, getting his friends to do the same.

"So cute," I laughed. I found myself at the snack shack, a grill, and a bar on the perimeter of the beach. Freddie, a guy who works behind the bar, serving drinks greeted me.

"Can I get a virgin strawberry daiquiri?" I asked politely. It's all I've been drinking since I started working here.

"Yes ma'am," Freddie said, turning to make my drink.

I shifted from side to side as I waited patiently for my drink. Just as my drink was delivered to me, I felt the heat of a body from behind me. I turned my head to see who it was and almost choked on my drink.

"You have got to learn a little something about personal space," I growled.

Reid stood behind me shirtless, dripping wet. He pushed his hair back with one hand and pointed at an item on the menu, "Can I get a virgin pina colada please, Fred?"

Freddie nodded, whistling to himself as he made the drink. I turned around fully, glaring daggers at the boy.

"Jesus Ted, are you trying to kill me with those menacing eyes of yours? Do you ever get a headache after glaring so hard because you do it a lot?"

I continued to glare at him.

He snapped his fingers in my have, making me flinch. I slapped his hand down, "What is it that you want moron?"