Chapter 2

"June you're holding it wrong

"June you're holding it wrong. Hold it higher," a squeaky voice said.

My eyebrows creased as I shifted on the couch, clutching the blanket closer to my body. The talking paused so I assumed I was just dreaming. I sighed, letting my consciousness slip into nothingness again.

"Ok now!"

My eyes snapped open too late. I was met with a bowl full of water. I screeched as ice-cold liquid rushed down my face and seeped into my clothes. The two brats giggled at my hostile state.

"YOU IDIOTS," I screamed, wiping water from my eyes.

My hands went to my hair. Strands that were once pressed straight began to revert. I rushed to the bathroom only to gasp at my reflection in the mirror. My hair had shrunk in all different directions, a shriek left my mouth. This press cost me 200 dollars. I ran out of the bathroom into the hall only to bump into a wall.

Since when did walls have arms?

I looked up at the half-naked man, peering down at me out of curiosity. My mouth gaped and his eyes roamed over my face and then up to my hair.

Realization soon dawned on me, I pushed the rather hot stranger away and ran back into the bathroom. Digging into one of the drawers I found a rubber band and combed my hair into a sad ponytail.

When I walked back out I could hear giggling in the office. I stomped over and burst open the door. June and Jasmin smirked at me from the bed. "I am going to KILL YOU," I screamed.

I advanced towards the terrible two, landing on top of them. There might be two of them, but I'm not the oldest for no reason. I went for June first as he has strong legs that could destroy your stomach if ever kicked there.

I tackled him, pushing Jasmin off me as she tried hitting me. June laughed, apparently finding this funny, but ceased when I grabbed onto his hair.

"Jasmin please help me!" He cried out. Uh uh, Jasmin can't even come near me, she's good where she is.

She however tried to jump on me but I pushed her off immediately, switching my attention to her. I began to fight, giving her my undivided attention. She got a couple of hits in I'll give you that but not as much as me.

The sound of a loud gasp brought me back and the next thing I knew, I was being pulled off of my sister. She held onto my hair and my grandma had to yell at her to remove her fingers.

I still wasn't satisfied as I dangled in the air, my feet never touching the ground.

What the fuck?

I turned my head up to see my captor's face. It was that guy I ran into earlier.

The close-up view of his face halted my movements. He was gorgeous, with chestnut wavy hair that framed his face perfectly. Long enough to run my fingers through, but still short, stopping a smidge below his eyes. He was paired with honey-brown eyes with specks of green in them. He looked down at me, a grin spreading along his face.