Diaspro x Male!Reader

Your family was poor.

Your family was so poor, you felt you had enough nutrition from eating crumbs from various meals your family ate already.

On top of that, your family was in debt. A HUGE debt, I might add.

Your father gambled some of the money he got from his job, and now he had to pay back the loan shark or else your entire family would be the target of the mafia.

Basically, life in your household was miserable, and you hoped that a miracle would turn you and your family's lives around.

That's when your father answered the door one faithful day.

"Excuse me," this elderly man said, "But do you have a debt you need to pay off?"

"Yes," your father said begging on his knees. "I want my family to be happy! I don't want them to be all miserable."

"Well, you called the right man for the job," the elderly man followed up. "Do you have a son?"

"Well, yes," you father responded, "But why do you need him?"

"I can help you pay off your debt if your son marries my daughter," the elderly man told your father.

"Deal!" your father shouted, shaking the man's hand. "Hey, sonny boy! Your pop's got a surprise for you!"

Soon after this, the elderly male took you and your dad to the kingdom of Eraklyon, where you were set to marry the princess.

You didn't understand why this had to be done. All you could think of was "There HAS to be a better way for dad to pay off the debts that doesn't involve me."