Flora x Male!Reader

Currently, you were busy reading a book about rare flowers.

(Of course it was for Flora, silly. Why else would you be reading about rare and elusive flowers?)

You did extensive research to find what you felt would be the one flower you know she'll like without question.

And then, as you flipped through the book, you found it.

"There it is," you said to yourself. "The special flower."

You set out on a quest to find the sacred "love in a rose bush."

You wandered in the forest searching for the rose. It HAD to be the one from the book, or else it wouldn't be the one you needed.

After trudging through the forest, being tangled in vines, and getting cut all over by sharp thorns everywhere, you finally came across a bush with a single rose.

You couldn't move anymore. You hurt your legs and most of your body was wounded, prohibiting you from moving without feeling the burning pain.

As you limped out of the forest, you saw a silhouette looming above you.

"Why are you here?" it asked.

 "For a special rose for this girl I love," you said meekly.

The silhouette grabbed you and put you on their back.

"Where are you taking me?"

After leaving the forest, you saw the silhouette in all its glory.

"Flora?" 

Flora: "I was worried about you. You were gone for nearly an hour."

"I never thought that someone would care for me."

Flora: "Oh, and that flower you spent all this time looking for?"

"Yeah?"

Flora: "That's not the same one from the book."

You looked at the rose and saw that it is black, not "the deepest shade of red" as described in the book.

"Well, I've been fooled!"

Flora: "You didn't need to go through all this trouble just to give me a flower."

"I didn't?"

Flora: "No."

She showed you a florist located directly across your house.

"How convenient."

In the end, you had to stay in your bed and miss school for a few days due to the state of your body. As a compromise, Flora came over to check on you regularly and help you with the homework the school assigned to you.

You truly felt loved, even if it was just one person doing the loving.