Old Friends

Anaisarwen Isla

I sighed as I fixed my posture. Where's the fun? Again? I heave a sigh roaming my eyes again and again to the people celebrating my birthday.

It's gotten boring again.

Napalingon ako sa malaking bintana sa second floor. There was someone who was waving her or his hand for me to notice.

Don't tell me?

They're here?

My eyes enlarge at my realization of what's happening. They really do come for me!

The smile on my face started to carve well, it would be the very best moment in this party.

Hell yeah!

Owen, Gretel, Tiana and Asher are all here. I politely excused myself to the guests, and I also bid somw tine to  my family.

"How brave, you all sneak to my birthday party." Nakataas na kilay kong bungad bago namewang.

Gretel laughed before raising his hands at nakaangat ang dalawang daliri nito. "It is because we have this? Dearest Highness?" Wika nito patukoy sa invitation na hawak niya.

I sneered.

"Alrighty." Sabi ko na lamang bago ngumisi. "I'm ecstatic that you all managed to come." Sinsero kong sabi bago sila tiningnan.

"Certainly, our Princess. How could we miss your bithday?" Natutuwa namang pahayag ni Asher na nakapagpatango naman kay Owen, Tiama at Gretel.

"Furthermore, we also brought a gift to you." Before Owen could give me their present, someone interrupts.

"Stay away from the Princess!" Nagulat na napatingin ako sa Duke na kadadating pa lang. Agad itong pumunta sa harapan ko, I also saw how he clenh his hand to the scabbard of his sword.

"Uh, dear young duke. Worry not, they're a coose friend of mine." Gulat namang napatingin din ito sa akin habang hinawakan ko ang kamay nito pababa.

"Huh?"

I tilted my head.

Anong nakakagulat doon?

Mukha ba akong walang kaibigan?

Mukha lang akong supladita pero marunong akong ilagay sa lugar- ahh, ay sige na, maldita na talaga.

"U'hmm, they're my friends."

"Owen." He lends his hand and smiled, they did shake hands, for 2 seconds.

"Tiana." Lahad ko naman kay Tiana na ngumiti dito ng pormal. Riverous slightly nod his head.

"Gretel." Gretel hides behind Tiana. He tilted his head, oo. Mukha kang mangangain ng tao, Riverous.

And lastly, Asher." At nagtanguan sila. Kita ko na may pagtatanong sa mukha nito.

I was just preparing their meals.

"How do we know Her Highness? Princess Anais always disguise herself and roam to the capital. We thought, she has an ulterior motive to us since we've grown up to be abuse by the nobles whom we ran to." Panimula ni Asher.

"She personally donates to our orphanage. We realize that she was not what we think she is, instead we became her friends. Now, we're helping her to achieve her goals and we're already standing in our own with also from the help of her highness." Pagpapatuloy ni Tiana.

"We can't always be with her side, it's reassuring that you're there, Your Grace." Ani naman ni Owen.

Okay, asaan na ang daldal mo, Riverous? Tumatango tango lamang ito at sumusulyap sulyap sa'kin habang nakikinig sa kwento nila.

Honestly, it was all my deed when I was in my past life. I juat repeated it and I also wanted to be still their friends. They're with me until my last moment.

But yes, of course. I did earlier what I did in my past.

They are the dearest to my heart and they're still the same.

My dear old friends are all willing to go down hell- hill with me but I prevented it. They deserve so much more after they've been through since their birth.

They are loyal, brave, lovable, and too good to be true for the likes of me.

I remember how I smiled at them at the very last moment of my past life. I can still remember how patient they are willing to take any order from me just for them to save me. But I did not.

Ayaw kong pati sila mawala nang dahil sa'kin.

That's the only least I could do to those who are closest to me, to push them away and prevent them from following my death. de Ecletté's and my friends should be safe and they should not also follow my knight and personal maid's death.

It started with me, it will go down with me.

That's the sin I'm going to bear with.

I thought of that, now, I'm given a new life, why  ot spive everything up and turned everything upside down like what would they not expect from a legitimate imperial princess.

I solemnly look at them while listening to their stories, it seems like that River, the Young Duke is getting along woth my friends. That's good.

Everything is still the same but feels different.

I'll show them. I'm gonna be the beast out of those who think I'm the prey.