Humiliation

Anaisarwen Isla.

"Silence!" The baritone voice of my father easily outshine the nobles' chitchats.

Kunwari nanlalaki ang mata ko habang makatakip parin sa bibig ang isa kong kamay. So much for my scripted moves.

Nagpipigil akong nag-iwas ng tingin, I wanted to look more but I'm confident that I will laugh. That will spoil the on-going drama.

Napatahimik ang lahat sa iisang salita na binigkas mg mahal nilang emperador.

"I won't tolerate your disrespect toward my... the princess whom I just introduce." He was supposed to say  daughter. He was going to say it.

Why did he not?

Aksidente man 'to, it's surely inevitable. But he cannot let her see stumble but let me suffer with an open wide eyes?

Sorry, but I can't help to compare what he is to her.

Nakatatak na sa isip ko lahat lahat nang ginawa at sinabi niya sa'kin and here I was, feeling the situation again.

Parang gusto ko na lang magpasalamat sa walang sawa pagtatanim nila ng sama ng loob, hitik na hitik na ang bunga para sa kanila.

I blankly watch the situation wherein the great brother was there already, examine if she got any dislocation or what.

"Are you okay?" I take a quick glance into the Young Duke besides me. Why did he ask me?

It's not like I'm the one who got publicy looked stupid.

"Thank you for the concern, but yes, I'm perfectly doing alright." Nakangiti kong sagot.

Napatingin ako muli sa chaka doll na ito, my forehead creased when I saw her face was brimming with tears.

Kahit kelan talaga ang dali dali nito umiyak.

She was just fine looking at her sorrounding but now her head is facing down and she's.. sobbing already.

Ooh, this is so cringe.

Bakit nga ba ganito talaga takbo ng utak nito? Napaka dagtang papaya at balat sibuyas.

Akala mo mamatay kapag hindi nabigyan atensyon or makuha kung ano gusto.

Bibigyan naman siya ng mga 'yan, buhay maranggya na nga, hindi pa gamitin sa ayos. Sabagay, ano pa ba aasahan.

I must admit, she was totay good at crying. No doubt, subok na subok.

She was proven and tested.

I cleared my throat kasi kunware nakikiramay-- aah well, nakiki-ala ala ako kahit gusto ko na siya balian sa buong katawan.

"Oh, that must've hurt." I commented lightly.

"I suggest you to better take your lessons properly and-oh" I put my fan on my lower face part. "Moreover, I genuinely suggesting for her to get new tutors. It seems like not efficient."

I confidently said it as I know what the Emperor is getting trouble with. Finding good tutors for his belpced daughter.

Akala mo naman talaga may tatalab pa pagtuturo diyan, eh idadaan lang naman niyan lahat sa iyak at paawa.

Nagtataka na din ako e, para saan pa kaya ang royal knowledge and learning nitong dalawang maharlika na 'to kung nadadala lang sa iyak at paawa again.

Kawawa naman sila, mga uto uto.

"Anaisarwen Isla. Not now." The Emperor called my name with his low voice just enough with just us to be heard. It's icy and a warning tone.

"Anabelle, don't concern yourself with it. There's always a space for learning and making mistakes." I flinched.

I was... never accustomed with this type of Emperor. The voice, that warmness, and his choice of words. Wow.

Space for making mistakes? Is that even possible?

...

How insensitive.

I take a back step, ready to fully exit myself in this shit.

Arrgh, I ain't taking it right.

I met the Emperor's gaze which I just returned too. What now?

"At any rate, it's not my business because of course, you can do or say what you want. Your Highness, Your Majesty."

With no courtesy of leaving to the greates man of all, I just leave there.

Always disappointed to the point that it's just a norm.