Tastes

Anaisarwen Isla

I unknowingly parted my lips in amusement.

How... how repugnant and objectionable.

I already made the right choice to make a call from the moment I go there.

The venue, was so sparkly and everything was shimmering that it hurts my eyes. It's shining but it's all dull. Do you get that? In every corner of this hall, all I can see whether I look up, lookd side to side or look down. Everything is shinning.

I mean, it just shimmers, no extra factor.

None!

I knew it, that girl will just ruin my tastes, so I must say, I'll ruin hers.

I massaged my temple. Harujusko, anong katangahan na naman ang pumasok sa utak nang magaling na babae na 'yon at sa tingin niya lahat ng kumikislap ay maganda? P'wes, nakakairita.

"Dear Sister, do you like how my arrangement works? I've been working hard for it!"

Ahh, oh I hate that sparkling eyes too.

Dang it.

"How could I bear.. to like it." My monotous voice was obvious to the fact that I did not like it.

The hell with that all glass and jewel decorations. To hell with ceiling full of sparkling chandeliers, to fuck with that glassy tables. What the freaking hell is that throne. It's all hella irritating. To hell with her face too.

Kulang na lang pati bulakak lagyan niya ng glitter dust, sasabog na ng kakintaban dito.

I shake my head while circling my hand. I'm telling my people to redo everything.

"Replace everything, it's hurting my eyes." It's not an insult but the truth. It's totally hurting my eyes, kapapasok ko pa lang but I was already blinded by everything. Lalo na kung dito ako magi-stay for my whole banquet party? Oh bitch please, I would totally lost my eyesight.

Aside from that, it's not classy and elegant. It's like she's showing off the imperial treasury right there. Stupid.

Why did they let her manage eh ayaw nga nila nahihirapan 'to. Even to partake to her duties as a princess nga diba, sa'kin na lahat pinasalo. What do they expect from her? Did they expect for her to pull off a magnificent banquet? All of them are massively stupid.

"Huh? Everything? Sister, but why?" Naguguluhaman nitong wika ngunit hindi ko siya pinansin. Tuloy lang ang turo ko with specific entails on what to be placed after rearranging it.

"I don't like it." I innocently smile and doesn't explain what exactly my means.

"Uhm.. but I.. we worked hard for it for the last few months." Nakatingin lang ako sa kanya habang sinasabi niya ito with her eyes roaming around on what she've done.

"Yeah? It's been a few months but there are sign of it being successful." Prangka kong tugon kaya napaatras ito.

"I apologize, I should've ask for your preferences. We're going to start from the scratch again right at your birth date."

I don't mind. Kaya nga ngayon ko lang ginawa eh.

All of the things to be set in this party was prepared, just.. in case I needed to ruin her great plan.

"Ahh, it's dazzling." I crossed my arms when I heard our dear brother.

"Brother Austine!" Malaking ngiti naman na sinalubong nito ang babaita. He was spreading his arms waiting for her sister to land. "Anna, did you work hard?Here I thought it's all done?"

"Does Anais like our sister's effort and work?" He softly asked then pat the poor girl head.

Not in the slightest.

Nawala ang ngiti sa mukha ni Annabelle.

I secretly grinned at the loser face.

"It's all done, but..." I saw in my peripheral vision on how she took a glance on then continue on her reasoning. "Sister doesn't like it, so, we're on the process of restarting everything."

"Ahh?" Gulat na napatingin sa akin si Austine. I shrugged off my shoulders to indicate that there's nothing I can do.

Eh sa ayaw ko nga.

Birthday ko kaya ako masusunod. She's a show off who volunteered when she knows nothing. Did she expect I would be touched or appreciate her effort? Hah! What a shame.

She did worse more than I anticipated.

I just planned to revise the decorations, however, gaya nga nang ine-expect ko, she never failed to disappointing me. Kaya ayan, everything should be re-done.

"It doesn't passed on my standard. Just look at it." Sabi ko sabay mwinestra pa ang mga pinakainaayawan ko sa ginawa nila.

"It's blinding to the eyes that I wanted to poke my eyeballs." I closed my eyes and massaged my eyelids.

"My distinguished guests would be flattered whether they attend a birthday banquet or they entered a treasury."