Facade

Third Person's POV

The Emperor was standing infront of his chamber's window.

The view he was looking at is the beloved garden of the Late Empress, and the Empress' Palace.

He always stared at it whenever he was at their room.

He misses his wife, the loved one he lost and never got to save her.

He sighed before going into his office. "Your Majesty!" His aide called for his attention.

"Proceed."

"Her Imperial Highness, Princess Anaisarwen got out of the palace."  Natigilan naman ito. Where is his daughter going?

"It is reported that she visited the gave of Her Majesty, the Empress."

...

Shivers run down to the aide's body as the mood of the Emperor goes down.

"I see." He bitterly responded.

'Amelia...'

"His Imperial Prince, Prince Austine and Princess Annabelle also said to visited her grave." In a second it was announce to him, the quill pen the Emperor is holding snap into two pieces.

He smiled then continue.

He knew that Annabelle never got a chance to visit her mother as she didn't have any proper burial. He massage his temple. His son and daughter must have gotten into his youngest nerves again.

How could his son bring Annabelle to their mother's grave? It will offend the youngest as she was definitely upset with them.

He sighed at the thought that his youngest was drifting far away from them.

He couldn't do anything about it, even if he wanted to.

He must deal first with something.

After he finished his works, he always visited his late wife's palace. As everything around it screams of her presence.

'I miss you, my wife.'

He had regretted everything, if it wasn't for the danger. He would always come back to his wife, his Empress.

'Amelia.. can you still forgive me?'

'You never got to know what I've truly felt. I never got to assure it to you...'

'My love, you got it wrong. It's always been you and always you.'

His teary eyes stare at the statue he built for her as a tribute.

He meant to said about the diary his youngest showed him. The diary that Amelia Isla leave.

The promise he broke was haunting him.

His daughter was right all along. He was a selfish loving monster.

He couldn't even attend to the birth of their first child. He was not beside his wife while giving birth to his son. He was trying to track down Alliania.

He never heard of his wife blaming nor
reproach him even if he knew, he can't be much deserving of her. How can he try? He was a coward.

He was broken on the thought that his wife also couldn't do anything but feel the pain she bears while she was still alive until she died.

His cowardice lost his love of his life and his wife.

However, it is not because he had feelings for her. Unfortunately, he realize that he had done betrayal to his wife. He had a child. It's also because she've done heinous things and no one can stop her aside from him.

He bring his other daughter, with his expectation to do not let that child walk into the same path as her mother.

Now, he hurted his daughter's feeling physically and mentally. He accepts his child's remorse against him, yet he felt sorry that because of him, she was distant to her sibling.

When he witness how his eldest daughter almost got hurt but he couldn't see how his youngest fight for her life he regretted that. When he suddenly saw the body of that almost lifeless and bloodied body of his youngest, he wanted to run to her. To aide her.

That's why he always accept her anger but he couldn't atone to it. He also understand the anger of the family who treated hin as their own and helped him through thick and thin.

There's many things he couldn't do, that's why he's an asshole of a father to his children.

'I am a failure, right? I failed. I always hurt the people I love.'

"Amelia, please guide our children. They... I couldn't expose them to danger anymore."

"I've already lost you, I couldn't bear it if any of our children will be in perilous because of the evil incarnate."

"Love... I know you are upset with me bringing that child into our home."

'I know you were aware about it, that's why you never said anything to your diary.'

'You still believe in me... you knew that it couldn't do that to you. You still believed me on what I promise.'

'I'm sorry that I've hurt you in the means of protecting our family. In the end, I couldn't protect you and lost you.'

'Darling, will our dear child extinguish his hatred?'

He reminisce how he hold his daughter for the first time, she has his features but she had her mother's beauty.

"She has grown up to be like you." Nakangiti nitong sabi habang nilalagyan ng blue rose ang sa may tenga ng statwa ng Empress.

"It was our wedding anniversary today, my lovely Isla."

"I know you're still getting upset on how I handle things.

'You were aware that I will never betray you, however, I still hurted you. I still inflicted pain into you, to our daughter.'

'I'll protect them in my own ways, Amelia. Even if it means of them, or our daughter harboring hatred against me.'

'I'll do everything to eliminate the harm.'

The facade he shows is no more than his cowardice to lost another if his loved one.

'Just a little bit more.'