"Captain Lenearis, code red doesn't mean we've been invaded." They pointed their weapons at us. "It means the Devil of Dicathen has arrived, and we know what he is capable of, you are a clone!"

I stopped the illusion spell and activated my blood curse on the soldiers standing in front of me, the ten of them fell over dead in a second. "Hahaa." I laughed, then said to Callias. "How convenient, all of them had been in contact with the curse, haaha."

"That doesn't solve our current situation." Callias said, and I waved my arms, not knowing exactly what to do. "Should we get everyone and leave? That is the only reasonable option, isn't it?"

"No, we can keep going, the curse is spreading very slowly, but in time, it will work." I told him. "The issue we have is making sure that no one finds these bodies, if I burn them, everyone will feel the surge of mana, and they will know something is up."

"Well, we can't just leave them here, can we?"

I shook my head, thinking about what we could do. "Alright, first, go, and spread the curse." I told the clone of Captain Lenearis to go do. She left leaving Callias and me in here with the eleven bodies.

"What about the bodies?"

"Let's drag them to the corner, and we can stay in here." I paused, grabbing the leg of the real Captain Lenearis, and started to drag her to the one corner. "I'll cast and hold the illusion spell for as long as I have to."

"Okay, that works." As Callias spoke, I felt the soldiers in the camp start to move around differently; they know, before the soldiers entered, they must have warned someone.

"Shit." I said. "Hurry up, we need to move these bodies now, and I am going to cast that illusion spell over all of us." I told him as I placed the body down, and made my way to the others, picking up two this time. "They know, Callias, they are coming for the shield switch, and for us, we are in serious trouble, maybe, this could work out for us better."

"What!" He exclaimed. "We need to get the hell out of here then."

"All the troops are going to be side by side, spreading my curse all around, this could be good." I don't feel like dragging these bodies anymore. I conjured wind under them and brought them to the corner where the other bodies were. "Alright, alright, shit, I need to think, Daryl and Geist need to shut that portal down, but if they do that, they'll be a walking target, Melody and Cassandra are far from them, they are hiding out behind a tent talking it feels like."

"We can split up." Callias suggested. "I'll get Cassandra and Melody; you go help Daryl and Geist."

"No, that'll still put them in harm's way." Should I send word to Sylvie, I have a clone with her, telling her everything was fine. "Okay, the safest thing we can do, is if I take on the five thousand troops, you guys get out, and prepare to join me with the division."

"You want to fight against five thousand troops by yourself, even you can't do that." Callias was probably right, I don't think I can kill five thousand troops, arrows being rained down on me, or spells, while fighting someone straight up, a spell would hit me at some point, but it would be fun. "Veer, it----"

I cut him off. "Shut up." I whispered, conjuring an illusion spell over us and the bodies as soldiers ran into the tent. Callias made eye contact with me, he looked worried, I was calm, holding the spell active as they walked in the room.

"Find the switch to the shield array, we need activate it." A soldier said out loud, and the men started to go through things.

"Are we sure it is a code red?" Another said, and my clone walked in.

"What are you all doing?" Captain Lenearis said to them all. "Get out, I already said it was a false alarm." The soldiers turned toward the clone, and their weapons were pointed at her.

"Captain Lenearis, what blood are you from?" Oh, come on, are they really that suspicious.

"I don't have to answer you, get out."

"What blood?" The man repeated. "It's a clone, the Devil of Dicathen, Virion Leywin, is here." I dissolved the clone, and the blood fell to the ground. "Send word, the High Sovereign was right, he has come."

Agrona knew I was coming, he said he wasn't taking it seriously over the last couple weeks, I should have believed him, and thought about this attack better. "We need that portal closed." I whispered to Callias.

"How?" Callias shrugged as he asked. "They know we are here."

My eyes started to dart around the room, thinking about what I should do. "The device should be in here! We need to activate the switch now! Isn't there a backup?!" The soldier was screaming to the other people in the room as they broke down things.

One of the soldiers looked at us in the corner like she could see us, was she a Sentry, shit, shit, shit, okay, nope, there is only one thing to do. "Callias, I don't think we get out of this without me fighting them" I whispered as we spoke very quietly. "You are going to go grab everyone, and leave, I"m going to buy you time."

"I can't let you do that." Callias responded. "It's a death trap."

"Not for me." I conjured an ice sword, shot out of the illusion I had casted, beheaded a soldier, threw the sword into another's chest, conjured two daggers, threw them into the skulls of two more.

I ripped the blood out of another, shot it through a soldier's armor, killing both, then pushed a force outward, killing everyone else in the tent like it was nothing. It was now just Callias and I as the soldiers outside began to enter formation, facing in our general direction.

I cracked my neck, and Callias spoke to me. "Veer, I'm not leaving you; I know you are on a whole different level than me, but this, no, I'm not leaving."

"Callias, I should have listened to you from the start, we should have left after I killed the captain." I could kill four hundred soldiers right now with the curse that was spreading through them, but that would barely put a dent into their force. "Now, you need to leave with everyone, I'll buy you time."

"No."

I bit my lip looking at him, I wanted to get angry at him, but I couldn't, I know he cares about me. "Okay, fine, this what we are going to do, I'm going to go and get Daryl and Geist, you are going to go and get Cassandra and Melody, we will all meet at the tunnel where we came from, and we will leave." I placed my helmet on. "You have the switch to the shield, we can leave, they aren't holding us here."

"That's what I was saying, I know you have your mental problems, and want to kill them all, but I think you should push past it, and leave before the battle begins." Callias told me. "We can leave and let your curse do its job while we are up there."

I nodded my head, pushing past the desire to kill five thousand men. "Let's go then." Him and I exited the tent, and I said. "Be safe, Callias, I'll get Daryl and Geist, they are on the far end, close to the troops in formation."

"You too, Veer." Callias nodded, placing his helmet on, and we split apart, heading in two different directions, he was going to get Melody and Cassandra. The two of them were on the west end, also, near the troops, but on the other side of Daryl and Geist.

As I picked up my pace, trying to look like a worried soldier, I ran towards the portal frame, and the soldiers in my way were getting into formation, shouting orders to one another, worrying about where I was located.

"Boom!" The portal frame exploded as a fire and wind spell collided with it.

Shit, all the soldiers turned toward the frame that was no longer there, Geist and Daryl did their job, but they should not have. "Kill those two!" Soldiers shouted as they got into fighting positions.

I could feel all their cores activating, Daryl and Geist's heartbeats were quickening as they faced the enormous force before them alone. Shields activated in the front row, well, there goes trying to escape without fighting.