Attack on Xyrus Pt. II

I reached into Lucas's arm with blood magic and disrupted it. The hand around my throat disappeared, and I fell to my feet. I cracked my neck and set my sword ablaze with fire.

I looked at Lucas and Kai. "I couldn't ask for a better situation."

"Lucas go get the princess, I'll handle him." Kai spoke as I swung my sword at him. He dodged the attack and metal chords came flying at me. I reinforced my sword with mana and cut through each one as they got close to me.

You could tell Lucas was angry. "Bring him to Lord Draneeve, or I'll kill you as well." Lucas spit at Kai and started to leave.

I conjured an ice lance in the air, and sent it at Lucas, he melted it as it got close to him. Metal wires started to wrap around my leg, I reached into Kai's mana core and disrupted the flow of mana using blood. The wires loosened, and I stepped away from them towards Kai.

Lucas escaped and was heading towards Tessia. I heard the fighting behind me start to slow down, as the Disciplinary Committee started winning and taking down mages.

I walked over to Kai who was looking at me in horror, he was trying to use his magic, but couldn't. I dropped him to his knees, using blood magic. He looked up at me with wide eyes. "H-how are you doing this?"

I grabbed his chin and whispered into his ear. "The High Sovereign would be disappointed in you." I felt something I haven't in a while, the slithering of the Sea Serpent in my core, the urge to kill. I brought up my sword and got ready to swing as I looked Kai in the eyes. A hand grabbed my wrist, I turned around. "Claire?"

"Don't kill him." Claire walked up to Kai. "It looks like your plan failed."

"Our plan has just begun." Kai said as the rest of the Disciplinary Committee walked up to me, including Theodore. "Go look for yourself."

You could hear screaming outside of the broken window, we all walked up to it, and the sight was terrible, buildings on fire, people running, people fighting, mana beast everywhere, I didn't have time for this.

"How did you free yourself from Lucas and take down Kai? We were worried he was going to do something to you." Curtis asked me as I got closer to the broken window.

"All in due time." I told him. "We need to go."

"You are staying here." Claire paused and looked at the rest of the Disciplinary Committee. "Go find Professors and protect the students if you can." Everyone scattered except for Claire and Kai.

I was still holding Kai's mana core hostage. "I'm leaving, Claire. Lucas is going after Tessia."

"It's too dangerous for you." She rested her hand on my shoulder. "I saw you fighting, you were scared to kill." I just stared at her. "Right now, it's kill or be killed, and you can't understand that at your age."

"I can't?" I swatted her hand off of my shoulder. "I chose not to kill them, and you didn't let me kill Kai."

"Veer, you shouldn't have to kill, you are too young." Claire insisted I stayed safe.

"Your right, but I will have to in the coming battles." I felt for the blood in Kai's body. "And I'll start with him."

"No, Veer!" Claire said as I got ready to do something I knew I was going to have to do at some point. I yanked the blood out of Kai's body, causing him to explode all over us. We were drenched in his blood. Claire stared at me in confusion.

My eyes were fixed on the spot Kai used to be; my breathing increased heavily. "A war is coming, Claire, and I have to fight in it." I just killed someone for the first time, I didn't take my eyes off of the blood yet.