She's Human

"Come on, Arthur, why won't you spar with me?" I asked him as we left the training room, it was the next day, he didn't want to train with me yesterday, and he didn't want to train with me today, but I saw that coming to be honest.

"Some other time, Veer, I don't want to fight anyone right now, I want to get use to everything currently going on in my body." Arthur said as we walked down a hallway towards our rooms. "Anyway, have you helped Ellie at all lately? I know she was talking about absorbing mana yesterday but didn't have any beast cores."

"You know how rare those things are?" I smiled at him. "You know how many of them I left behind, and how many I had, I only got two now left to give her. She is going to have to come up with another method to absorb mana if she wants me to help, because absorbing it regularly takes too long even with my help."

"I know what you are suggesting, we are not giving her the horn from Erie." Arthur read me like a book. "The beast cores you gave her should be enough for now, she is about to hit orange, that is a huge step for someone her age."

"True." I don't think Ellie gets past dark orange in the novel, so my goal was to change that somehow. "Sylvie is still absorbing mana, she is at it nonstop, she should be done soon, I've been helping her throughout the day."

"Yeah, she's probably almost out of mana." Arthur said as we turned the corner. "I went to see Cynthia yesterday; she still has not woken up. Do you think we messed up somewhere?"

"No, it's only been like three to four weeks since your return, she'll wake up in time." I honestly did not know if what I said was true or not, I think she will, I was no doctor though. "Arthur, there is something we need to talk about, something I wanted to bring up yesterday, but never did."

"Oh, and what is that?" He asked as we got closer to our rooms.

"First off, Aldir was the one who was supposed to tell you, but I don't think he will, so I'll do it." I paused and motioned for him to follow me to my room as we turned down our hallway. "Come to my room, and we can chat in private, and try to keep these thoughts away from Sylvie for now."

"Alright?" Arthur said questioningly as we entered my room, we both sat down around the couch area. "Okay, go ahead, what's so serious?"

"Aldir is not backing down, I have to go to Epheotus."

"No way." Arthur exclaimed. "I will talk to him about it, you are not going to another continent without me."

"Don't, I'll handle it." I assured him. "That's why I want to talk to you about something relating the Asuras."

"What are you going to do? I'm not letting you go." Arthur ignored the last thing I said.

"I'm sending a clone without him knowing, I didn't want to tell you, so that it looked good, but now you do." I was going to send a white core clone of myself there and stay hidden here until they got back.

"That will work for me." Arthur gave me a nod, then went on. "Go ahead, what about the Asuras?"

"No matter what I say, for now, they are our friends." I was going to tell him everything. "Arthur, in the novel, probably around this time, Kezess sends a unit to kill Agrona, and fails, this results in the treaty they had being broken, forcing them to sign a new one. In this one, they are no longer allowed to assist us in the war."

"What? Why would they do that?"

"Why do you think? Kezess and all of them don't think we can win, and hell, maybe we can't, but that is the point I am trying to make, the Asuras don't give a flying shit about us." Arthur was just examining me as I spoke. "After we lose Dicathen to Agrona, our good old pal Aldir, completely annihilates the Elven Kingdom, like mass genocide with one spell." Arthur was speechless, his mouth was wide open, and he was just staring at me. "The Asuras are also the people who killed the old mages, well, let me rephrase, the dragons killed the old mages, because they figured out a better way to use aether."