Healers

It's funny, I made up a lie about a dark energy, and now it's coming true. I guess that's what I get for lying.

I continued to hold the curse, where was my mother? I still don't think it's going to work; it would be way too easy.

"How long can you hold it?" He asked me, and I looked up at him.

"I have no clue." I could probably hold it for a while, I still had a lot of mana. "My mother just needs to get here soon."

The old elf had a worried expression on his face, I didn't mean for any of this to happen, but it's good I did. Now, we can figure this out, before something happens to her. There's always a way to break curses in books, I have to think outside the box.

I continued to hold the curse, that's when my mother came walking in. "Elder Virion, Veer, what's the problem?" She asked as she walked over to us.

"Mrs. Leywin, please, we need you to use your healing magic." Elder Virion and I gave her a sympathetic look. "To help stop the curse."

"I thought we already decided that it wouldn't work." My mother didn't like to use her magic, but they discuss it as Elder Virion said.

"Mom, I need you to push you healing magic throughout her body." I told her, still stopping the curse where it's at. "We're trying something new."

"Oh, okay, I'll try." My mother walked up next to me, and we stood side by side.

"Thank you, Mrs. Leywin." Elder Virion held Cynthia's hand, and my mother started to chant something under her breath, then a green light began to emit out of her hands. She aimed the spell towards Cynthia, and I watched as the healing magic got inside of her.

I pushed harder on my blood healing, aiming directly at the curse, while my mother focused on healing her body. "No problem Elder Virion." My mother told him as we kept on trying, I didn't feel a difference yet. "Veer, can you sense the curse?"

"Yes, mom." It wasn't working. "But it's not working, the curse is still there and activating."

"It's activating?" What other ways can you kill a curse or stop it? If we had Aether, that may work, but that may not be enough.

"It is, I'm currently keeping it stable, not letting it activate any further." Elder Virion shot me a look, and I shook my head. "It's not working, mom, stop, keep your mana, we may need it."

My mother turned to me, and then released her healing magic. "Veer, are you sure it's not working?"

"I'm the only one that has direct contact with the curse, since I can control blood." I leaned my head on her shoulder. "Elder Virion, it's not working, we need to try something else."

"What else is there to try?" Elder Virion spoke with a concerned look. "You wanted Arthur here, but he can't use healing magic."

"You wanted Arthur too?" My mother asked as she held my head, I was still concentrating on stopping the curse. "He's not a healer."

"I was hoping he had an idea, you know him, he just got here moments ago, but he's the type of person to save the day when needed." Sylvie might be the key here, or Arthur in his second phase.

"That's true." My mother agreed with me.

"I'll go and find him; he should be coming back soon." Elder Virion stood up and left the room.

"Veer, you're doing a good thing here." My mother spoke as she continued to hold my head. "I know Arthur just came back, and everyone is talking about him, but what you are doing here is remarkable."