Returning Home

(One Year Later)

I was leaving today; my training was over. It's been two and a half years since I left my family, and I am now seven. The war was getting closer and closer, I was trying to prepare myself but how could I. I don't know what war is, I've never seen it in person, and reading about it is much different.

I was still in the solid yellow stage, but my magic put me in white core talent. My blood magic especially, because I was the only one who had it. I could literally remove the ability to use magic from someone, and let's not forget I have mastered my Serpent's Will. That alone gives me extraordinary power.

"Let's go Veer, we need to get going." Tessia said from the carriage that was taking us to Xyrus. Tessia was starting her apprenticeship with Director Goodsky one year before Arthur goes to the academy.

I stood before the King, Queen, and Elder Virion and bowed to them. "Thank you again, for hosting me this whole time. I truly appreciate everything you did for me over the last two years, and gramps I owe you one for all the training." I smiled at them.

"Yeah, you do brat." Elder Virion said with a smug look on his face.

I then turned to Tessia who was rushing to leave. "You should really say goodbye."

"I did already." Tessia shouted.

"It was an honor to host another Leywin boy, you will always be welcomed here, Virion." The King actually smiled at me, something I didn't see him do a lot.

"We wish nothing but the best for you and your family." The Queen walked past me and patted my head, then went to Tessia and hugged her. The Queen was nice to me the whole time I was here. "I'm going to miss you, Tessia."

"Me too, mom, but we should get going." Tessia exclaimed and got into the carriage. "Let's go, Veer."

"Can I ask you something, Veer?" King Eralith said, and I nodded, I couldn't say no to him. "Can you ask Arthur to keep an eye on her, while she is in Xyrus?"

"Of course." I smiled. "I'm positive that Arthur wouldn't let anything happen to her, even if no one asked him to."

They laughed. "That's good to hear." The King said as I turned and got into the carriage with Tessia. "Be safe, you two."

"We will be!" Tessia waved to them. "I'm so excited." She was acting like it; I didn't need her to tell me. "We are going to Xyrus!"

"Yeah, I guess for you it's pretty exciting, but I'm more excited to see my family." I paused as we started to move. "Are you coming with me to see Arthur?"

"No, I'm going to wait until I see him at the academy." She was staring out the window of the carriage now. "You know why we are going to the academy first, right?"

"To drop you off?" I said questioningly.

She shook her head. "Grandfather talked to Director Goodsky and wanted her to meet you." That's a joke, right? Oh my god. "I think he wants her to let you into the academy."

"Oh, can I pass on that?" Tessia shot me a weird looking face. "I rather wait until I'm older."

"This is for when you're older, I think." Tessia was now questioning her knowledge. "Hmm, maybe not, I don't know, but I know she wants to see you now."

The Alacryan spy, who isn't a bad person, just put in a bad situation. I rather not show an Alacryan what I can do before the war, I don't know much about her bond. What if it gives information to Agrona?

"You think I could skip it?" She shook her head no. "That sucks."

"Why? Even if it's for you to attend while you are younger, isn't it an honor to go to Xyrus Academy?"