A Break

(Six Months Later)

"Let's got, Veer, before someone catches us." Tessia called out as I swung the hood of my cap over my head. We were sneaking into the main part of the city again. We did different things every time we came. Last time, Tessia and I did nothing but walk around, this time I think we are shopping for something.

I started to quicken my pace and caught up to her at the front entrance. "Let's go." I told her as a guard opened the door for us, and we started to walk out.

"And what do you two think you're doing?" Standing at the bottom of the stairs was Queen Eralith in a teal royalty outfit. She didn't have a look of anger on her face, but one of curiosity. The only people that knew of our field trips were Tessia, guards, and I, but I should have guessed that they would have informed the King and Queen.

"Mom, we are just going into the city." Tessia said as we stopped right in front of her. "It's not a big deal."

The Queen walked up to me and grabbed the hood on my head. "You don't need this Virion; the people saw Arthur when he was here. I don't know why Tessia insisted on it, but if you feel safer wearing it, go ahead." Queen Eralith let go of my hood and smiled at me. "You two can go, I just wanted to send you off."

"Thanks." I smiled back at the Queen and Tessia, and I started walking again.

"Bye, mom." Tessia called out to her.

The view of Elenoir was always a lovely sight, but it was no Xyrus City. I loved it when we would just walk around and admire everything. There was no place like this in my old life, so I could come here every day.

"I want to go look at the necklaces stand." Tessia said. "You can wait for me or come with me." I wasn't into necklaces, but I wasn't standing alone. 

"I'll follow you." We got into a shopping part of Elenoir, and Tessia saw the stand she was looking for. There was an older female elf running it, and there weren't any buyers there. So, it was a perfect time for Tessia to go up and check it out.

Tessia got to the front of the stand and greeted the worker. "Hi." She waved and looked down at the necklaces. I made a point to turn my head away from the older elf, so that she wouldn't notice that I was a human. I know that Queen Eralith said it's safe, but I still feel better if I keep the hood on.

"There's a discount on the ones to your left." The older elf exclaimed. "Half off."

"Oh wow." Tessia continued looking. I started to peek around at the environment we were in. The trees that were above us, the elves walking around, it truly was fascinating. "I like this one." I turned back to Tessia who picked up a green looking necklace, I didn't bother checking the design of it. 

Tessia gave the older elf some money, and we started to walk away. "Have a good day you two!" We turned back and she was waving at us. 

"She was nice." Tessia waved back, and I continued walking on. "Do you like what I got?" She showed me the necklace again, this time in front of my face. It was a simple green gem, is this really what girls like to wear?

"Looks boring to me." I said jokingly.

"It's not boring, it's what the gem represents." She shot me a serious expression.

"And what does a green gem represent? Being an elf?" I continued to joke around, luckily no one was near us so I could talk freely.

"No, nature." Tch, so being an elf.

"Oh, how beautiful." I said sarcastically, as we continued to walk around. 

"If you see something you like let me know, I have money for us." Tessia told me, but I had no intention of spending the royal family's money even if they own pretty much everything.

"Okay, thanks." I smiled as we passed a family of elves laughing together. I wonder what my family is doing right now, no need to think about it. My training in both the Serpent's Will and blood magic have been going great.

"You should get something for your sister." Tessia turned to me and said. "I'm sure she would love something from you when you return."

Ellie would be mad at me if I didn't bring home a gift. "Not a bad idea, but I don't know what she would like from here."

Tessia took out the necklace again and handed it over. "I think that Ellie would like this, so why don't you just give it to her."

"You just bought it though, Tess." I was holding it in my hand now. "It doesn't feel right."

"It's fine, Veer." She was wearing a smile as she spoke. "I already have countless necklaces, so losing this one will not hurt." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, just keep it." 

We continued walking around for a while, that was until I noticed a familiar face in a group of elves. "Feyfey." I said out loud and he turned to me. 

"Haha." He walked over to Tessia and I alone, leaving the other elves. "My rival's younger brother, it's great to see you again."

"Likewise, Feyfey." He didn't seem bothered by his nickname.

"Hey, aren't you the kid that Arthur beat up." Tessia pointed at him, as she was talking. 

"It appears you remember me, princess." He bowed to her. "I must make a great first impression."

"I wouldn't go there." I said before Tessia could respond. "I met Feyfey on the carriage ride here from Xyrus."

"Oh, that's how you know him already." 

"I have to go, but it was lovely to see you again princess, and it was good seeing you Virion younger brother of my greatest rival." He smiled and ran back to his friends. What a strange guy.

"He used to challenge Arthur to duals all the time, and Arthur would win without even trying." Tessia giggled, as she thought about Arthur.

"I know, he told me about it on the carriage ride." 

"I see, let's keep going." Tessia and I started to walk again. "I can't believe Arthur is an adventurer at his age."

"Really? You can't believe him of all people became an adventurer?"

"Well." She paused. "I guess you are right, I just hope that he is doing okay, and is staying safe out there."

"Jeez, just profess your love already." I leaned away from her, knowing a punch to the shoulder was coming as I was laughing. 

"You have to stop joking about that." Her face was beat red, like usual when I brought Arthur up in this context. She didn't try to punch me though, so I went back to walking straight up.

"It's just too easy." I continued laughing. "But I'll stop, I swear."

"You better, or I'll tell Arthur." I quickly stopped laughing. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

I was just joking, but I was trying to speed up the process of them getting together since we don't know if anything will change. Agrona might still get his hands on Cecilia, we don't know if I can actually prevent that.

"You didn't need to bring Arthur into this." I told her straight faced now.

"You already did, when you were talking." We both started to laugh.

I wish times like this never ended, but I know very well that is just not the case.

"Okay, I'm done, I'm sorry." I told Tessia.

Alacrya was coming for Tessia and the continent. I needed to start planning, I pushed it off until now, but it's time I figured out what I'm changing. For starters, my father will not die at the wall, he will survive. I don't know how yet, but he will.

One thing that disappoints me is that I'll never be able to go to the academy. It's just something that I wanted to do, I could probably get in, if I asked Arthur to speak to the director. However, just like Arthur, I don't want to go and be four to five years younger than all the other students. I would just cling to Arthur, and I didn't want to do that.

We walked around for a while, and eventually called it quits and made our way back to the palace. It was a fun little outing, I always liked it when we did this, it relieved me of any stress I had going on.