King Dorephan's Fury

Start from the beginning

Kneeling down so the princess could climb on his back, Zelda mounted him, and they soared off the crow's nest and high into the air, so that they had a better view of the entire thing.

Kogha, although visibly astounded, slowly began inching towards the railing of the ship.

He, somewhat nervously, cleared his throat.

"You wouldn't happen to be the-uh...king of the zora, would you?" The captain asked, a noticeably absent confidence in his voice.

King Dorephan kept his imposing gaze centered on Kogha.

"I am," he spoke curtly, underlying fury in his tone. "And I wouldn't suppose you'd be the captain of the Yiga Clan, would you?"

The pirate seemed to grow more petrified with each word Dorephan said, but he nevertheless answered.

"The one and only, your majesty," Kogha replied, proceeding to take a bow so low the little tuft of hair on his head brushed against the deck. "What can we offer you?"

King Dorephan's gaze remained tightly latched on the captain.

"I hear that you're responsible for the death of my sister," he responded.

From up above, Revali could feel his heart drop, this couldn't mean what he thought it meant.

It seemed that the yiga were all stunned by the notion too, because whispering and mumbling broke out among the crew while Kogha stood frozen in place.

Mipha swallowed a lump that had begun forming in her throat.

The yiga captain struggled to find the words to say.

"W-whatever do you mean, your majesty?" Kogha asked, now genuinely anxious. "Perhaps you've mistaken me for some other pirate!"

King Dorephan did not take kindly to this in the slightest.

"No!" he shouted, so loudly that he threatened to deafen the entire crew aboard the ship.

"I know of your trickery! You've expertly crafted an entire, false feud so you could steal from an innocent kingdom!" he thundered.

Another flash of lightning glimmered in the distance, followed by ominously deep thunder.

"And not only that, but you've also taken the life of a defenseless member of the zora royal family. A crime I can never forgive," The king continued, raising his trident.

Back up above, Zelda couldn't help but notice that boats and ships were beginning to close in, and an unflinching joy entered her heart.

"Revali, look!" she exclaimed, "Our people have come to help!"

Sure enough, a small armada of both civilian and Hyrulean royal boats had begun to pull in, and it seemed that the zora noticed this too.

Kogha was absolutely dumbfounded, clueless on what exactly to do next.

"Your majesty!" A voice from the ship at the head of the armada shouted, "please allow us to join you against a common enemy!"

It was Link.

King Dorephan stared long and hard at the hylians, but eventually nodded his head.

"You absolute fools!" Kogha yelled at the top of his lungs, "I hope you haven't forgotten that we are the most feared and dastardly pirates in all of the seven seas!"

The small quiver in the captain's voice let Revali and Zelda know that Kogha knew very well the danger he and his crew were in.

"Then it ought to be a shame you'll be losing that title!" Urbosa joined Link, gesturing for the larger, royal ships to prepare for their attack.