forty

»»————- ★ ————-««

40. goodbye

»»————- ★ ————-««

Grace knew she had to do this, there were still questions in her head about her magic that needed to be answered. And despite Deaton and her efforts, she will never find the answers in books.

She had to experience it in real life. And she knew she can't do that in Beacon Hills.

So, there she stood as Derek was bringing their bags outside the house. She smiled at the Hale House, a sad and yet excited smile. She knew that the adventure wouldn't be permanent but she would still miss the place.

She knew that Peter and Cora will take care of the place but it still hurt her to think she would be away from the house, from Beacon Hills, from her pups.

Speaking of pups, they were not happy at first. Stiles tried his best to keep the couple from leaving, him researching everything he could find online about magic.

Scott and Allison even talked to her siblings to try and persuade them to teach her at home. But James, Albus, and Lily had school and it would be their aunts, uncles, and parents teaching her.

Lydia and Kira would hide their things so they couldn't pack them while Malia would make a wreck at the woods in her form.

The twins worked with Jackson and Theo to delay the trip. They would act all sick and needy but not one worked. But what hurt Grace the most was Isaac and Liam giving her the silent treatment.

She knew she had to leave but it was their strategy that almost got her to stay. That was until Cora gave them a scolding saying that their den mother needed this.

"Mom."

Grace turned to see her pups fiddling with their fingers as they stood there patiently. She chuckled and opened her arms which prompted them to jump on her.

She chuckled as the pups scent marked her one by one. "I'll miss you guys." She said. Liam whined but nodded, "We will too mom."

They helped her up when they heard walking. There, nearing the house was Peter with the Potter family.

The pack was introduced to the luna's biological family so they could get to know them and get used to their scents. It was Lydia who accepted the family (especially Ginny and Lily) the easiest. Maybe it was feeling not being the only one with the hair color.

Harry and Ginny were confused at first with the whole calling their daughter mom at first but when Derek explained it to them, they understood.

"You ready sis?" James asked excitedly. The pups whined and Grace sighed and turned to them again, "You all be safe now okay. No fights." She said as she narrowed her eyes at them.

Stiles nodded and raised his hand as he crossed his heart with his other hand. The pups laughed making Grace laugh, "Take care of the house and protect the town. We'll be back before you know it." She said with a smile as Derek stood behind her.

"Yes mom." They said with determination. She smiled and worked on her goodbyes.

As she was being squished by Isaac with Kira hugging her from behind, Derek walked to Scott, the alpha flashed his eyes at him and the teen doing the same.

The Hale alpha let out a roar as the true alpha continued. It was a sign of giving the teen the reigns. Derek knew he had Cora and Peter but seeing Scott had proven himself multiple times, he was comfortable with the idea on having the teen lead with his sister and uncle as his advisors.

When Grace finished with the pups, she hugged Peter and patted his back. "I better not get any bad news Peter Hale." The elder Hale scoffed and hugged back all the while trying to push Liam, who was still hugging his den mother.

"You need to trust me more."

"Oh I do. It's Derek who doesn't." she said with a smirk. Peter looked at his nephew and rolled his eyes.

Harry walked to his daughter and smiled at him, "You ready?'

She smiled back and nodded, Derek walking to her with their bags. She grabbed a duffle bag as she stood with her family. She turned to the pack and smiled wide.

"Be safe. We'll be back soon." She said as her eyes flashed orange. The pups puffed their chests like their alpha and nodded with pride. Derek rolled his eyes but felt proud of his pack.

Lily grabbed Grace's hand, "Hang out tight. You too Derek."

Grace gulped, "Will it hurt."

"You'll feel a bit of pressure, not too much pain." Ginny explained.

The luna nodded before looking at her pups one last time.

And then in a blink they were gone.