thirteen

»»————- ★ ————-««

13. renovations

»»————- ★ ————-««

The weekend arrived and the alpha and luna led the pack to start renovating the old Hale house. It has always been a dream of the pair to get a start in building back the house, they just didn't have a chance to do so.

The pups were happy enough to help with whatever their mom and dad would tell them to do.

Scott and Stiles were helping Cora with sorting out the things that were still able to be used and saved from the old house. Allision and Lydia were helping the twins carry the materials that Jackson, Theo, and Isaac were replacing on one of the walls. Kira and Liam were in charge of the food so when they yelled for lunch everyone was quite happy to indulge in the food that the two prepared.

"This is so good!" Stiles said as he chewed. Lydia scrunched her face and hit his head, "Don't talk with food in your mouth dumbass." She reminded him making the others laugh.

"No, but he's right. This is amazing. Thanks, Liam and Kira." Scott said as he praised his packmates. The two beamed at them and nodded in appreciation.

Grace smiled and ruffled their hair, the two preening at the attention from their mother. The pack was having a nice lunch but like usual, Grace was the first one to finish so she was also the first one back to work.

Derek, even if he wasn't finished with his burger, was up on his feet when Grace started to hammer the new door in place. She rolled her eyes, "I can do it sourwolf." She reminded him.

He snickered, "I know. I just want to help." He said with a teasing smile. She flicked his nose as she held the door so Derek could finish the job.

"Remember when we decided to renovate your room?" Grace suddenly asked. The memories playing in her head. Derek chuckled and shook his head, "Worst idea ever." He teased.

She gasped and crossed her arms, "How dare you?! That was our greatest work, like ever!" she said with a smirk. He raised an eyebrow at her, "You convinced me to paint it purple." He said.

She shrugged, "You liked it."

"I didn't."

"Eh, you lived with it."

Derek stood up and smiled at her, "I only did that so it wouldn't hurt your feelings." This made her gasp, "You just hurt me, Derek Hale. Right here." She said as she pointed to her heart.

A laugh erupted from Derek's throat, catching the attention of the pack. The pups looked at their alpha and luna with a smile. It was refreshing to see the two back to their usual self.

Although Cora saw something else. Derek looked at her in the way he used to. Before Paige, Kate, and others. There was a familiar gleam in his eyes as he placed Grace on his shoulders so that she could reach the railings of the ceiling.

It was the same look Derek had when he first met her. It was the same look Derek had at every basketball game and he saw his Gracie there. It was the same look he wore when he was deeply in love with her.

"You okay Cora?" Theo asked. The youngest Hale turned to her pack mate and nodded, "Yeah. It's just nice to have them back." She admitted. The chimera nodded in agreement, "It is. It's crazy, I always thought they would end up with each other but seeing how stubborn they are, I didn't expect it to be this fast."

"That's the pull of the bond." Cora explained as she continued to watch her brother and den mother. She smiled as Grace was placed on the ground, her hands on his shoulders and his hands on her waist.

The two were smiling at each other, blushes were plastered on their cheeks. "I grew up with them and they have always looked at each other this way. The difference this time is that they're both looking at each other this time."

"Does that mean I don't have to hit him to see her looking at him the same way?" Aiden asked who suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Theo shrugged, "Eh, maybe you still should."

"Mom is right. We all need bells." Cora said making them laugh. This made the alpha and luna look at them with a smile.

But as Grace looked longer at their pups, Derek looked back at her. He sighed catching the attention of his best friend. She smiled and tilted her head, "What?"

"Nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing."

Derek shrugged and walked inside the house making her whine, "Oh come on! Der!" she yelled running after him who was laughing quietly at her.

It was just like when they were younger.