thirty-two

»»————- ★ ————-««

32. night walk

»»————- ★ ————-««

Grace glanced down at the pups who cuddled around her and her mate. When she realized they were in deep sleep (which was a miracle in itself), she nudged her alpha who hummed. She turned to him only to realize that he was watching the scene on the tv intensely.

She chuckled and nudged him again, he looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Yes?" he asked. She pursed her lips making him chuckle, "What?"

"You wanna get out of here?"

"... sure."

And just like that, Derek helped Grace over the sleeping pups, and slowly, they walked out the door to be greeted by the cold wind hitting their skin. The luna immediately closed the front door, she didn't want any of the pups waking up.

Derek grabbed her hand and led her through the woods, the same ones they memorized since childhood.

The night was peaceful. Something the two haven't had in a long time, so they cherished it. There were no pups looking for them, no supernatural danger chasing after them, and lastly, there were no feelings hidden.

When they reached their spot by the huge tree, Grace pulled Derek to the ground. They sat there, the luna looking up at the night sky as the alpha looked around in instinct as he kept his arm wrapped around her.

When he felt her settle into his arms, he looked down at her. He smiled before patting her arm. Grace looked at him with a raise of her eyebrow, and he chuckled, "Are you going to tell me now?"

The girl hummed and intertwined her fingers with his, "Deaton said that the traces of magic could be from where I came from." She simply said.

Derek furrowed his eyebrows, "Wait, but you were born here right?"

Grace chuckled and shook her head, "I was brought here from an orphanage in New York as a baby when my adoptive parents got me. You just thought I was born here because we used to go to kindergarten together." Derek snickered at the memories replaying in his head but when his mate sighed, he looked down to see a distressed look on her face.

"Well, did Deaton say anything about what they could want? Or if they were a threat?" the alpha asked curiously. But Grace sighed and shook her head, "That's the thing Der. Deaton doesn't know."

"That won't be a first."

"Derek."

"What? I'm not wrong. All I'm saying is, Deaton, will probably find out and tell you."

She looked up at him with a slight frown. He hummed and kissed her forehead, "Let's not worry about it now." He whispered. Grace sighed but nodded in agreement, she didn't want to think about it now.

But something in her heart longed to know what the magic was doing in Beacon Hills. She didn't know if she hoped it, was family. She didn't know if she wanted to hope that it could answer some questions she had growing up.

Derek seemed to have sensed this, he pulled her to his lap and rubbed her back. She sighed in relief at the warmth and purring of her mate.

She enjoyed having quiet moments with her best friend. But now, it was so much more.

She tilted her head upwards and smiled, he raised an eyebrow but she pulled him by the neck, crashing their lips together. He smiled into the kiss as he moved her.

Her legs straddled him making her deepen the kiss. Her fingers found their way to his hair making him groan. He pulled back and his eyes flashed red. His hands gripped her waist tight, "If we don't stop..."

Grace smirked, "Sucks that the pups are home..." She trailed, teasing the alpha. He growled and picked her up making her squeal and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Derek!"

He hummed and scent marked her as his wolf purred, "If it means I have to run to the loft, I will."

"What about our nice walk?" Grace asked. Derek scoffed and pulled back a little, he raised a challenging eyebrow at her, "Are you sure you want a walk then you know..."

She giggled, "I don't know. I don't think you're in the mood- DER!" He started nipping on her neck making her sigh.

"Fine." With a smirk he started to run to the loft with his mate's legs still wrapped around his waist.

And just like that, their nice and calm night turned into a passionate and sweaty one in a snap.

Thank goodness the pups didn't follow them to the loft that morning or they would have walked in to experience trauma like what Peter had walked into.

"LEARN HOW TO LOCK THE DOOR!"