fifteen

»»————- ★ ————-««

15. sick pup

»»————- ★ ————-««

Grace never expected to be a mom this early in her life. Especially towards a group of teenagers that she had known all their lives.

There the luna stood in front of a whining group of pups. The group didn't want to go to school. Their argument? Exams were stupid.

"Please mom," Isaac said with the others talking over him. Derek who was entertained by the whole predicament leaned on the doorway of the loft kitchen as Grace stood in front of their pack with her arms crossed.

"No."

"Then why isn't Theo dressed yet?" Jackson asked quietly. Everyone turned to Theo who sneezed and groaned. He was laying on the couch with an angry expression. Grace sighed, "Look, Theo's sick so he'll stay here-"

This caused an uproar which made Grace roll her eyes. Derek sensing the annoyance of his mate pushed himself off the doorway just in time for Liam to yell in despair, "That's so unfair! I want to stay with mom!"

"Enough!" Derek and Grace yelled in their alpha voice. Everyone froze, the pups whining, scared that they angered their alpha and luna.

Grace sighed, "Listen pups. You have to take this exam." The argument was about to rise again when Derek flashed his eyes at them making them stop.

"And Theo will stay here because he's sick. End of discussion." She finished, raising an eyebrow to challenge the pups. They lowered their heads and apologized.

She sighed and looked up at Derek with a guilty expression. He shook his head and kissed her forehead, actions that say she was doing the right thing before he walked to Theo who was coughing on the couch.

"How about this." She said making the others look up at her, she offered them a smile, "After class, you guys can come back and we'll have a movie night."

And with that the pack immediately rushed to the school, hoping time would move faster today, unlike other days.

»»————- ★ ————-««

Theo Raeken was never the open kind of person. He was the quieter and more independent member of the pack. So, having the full attention of the alpha and luna, was new to him.

He put up a fight when Grace would place a wet towel on his forehead or when Derek would help him whenever he would throw up.

He didn't want to be babied, that's Liam for goodness' sake. He was Theo Raeken, he didn't need anyone to take care of him. Or so he thought.

Grace had brought him a bowl of soup and he was refusing to eat it. Arguing that he had enough to eat and that he would just puke it all up.

The young luna was not having it so when she was trying to offer him the bowl, he accidentally tipped it over making all the contents spill on his den mother.

The soup was a bit hot, not scalding but it did make Grace curse and jump away. "Grace?" Derek called out who was up in the rooms where he was preparing a bed for Theo.

"Shit." She muttered as she grabbed the bowl. Theo was shocked at what happened and sat there in silence and guilty. He watched as his den mother clean the mess, wincing a bit from the hot soup.

He couldn't help it, the tears started to pool in his eyes. He feared being thrown out. He knew how Derek was protective of Grace and even the slightest discomfort would make the alpha upset.

Theo rushed to grab the bowl and wipe the soup from the floor, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He repeated as the tears were spilling from his eyes. Grace frowned at the reaction; she placed a hand on his arm making him flinch.

"I'm so sorry mom. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry dad." He cried as he heard the alpha walk down the stairs. Grace moved closer to him and cup his cheeks. "Please don't make me leave."

Theo looked at his mom and sniffled, maybe it was the sickness making him emotional but it had broken Grace's heart. "We're not leaving you, Theo."

He shook his head, "I hurt you-" "It barely hurts Theo."

His lips quivered as the tears continued to flow. She sighed and pulled him into a hug. Rubbing his back as he continued to apologize to both his luna and alpha.

Derek watched the interaction, keeping control of his wolf from overreacting once again. He was amazed at how Grace approached the situation.

She whispered assurances as she looked at Derek with a frown. The alpha hummed and grabbed the bowl not before patting Theo's head, "Come on pup. Time for bed." He said as he placed the bowl on the coffee table.

But Theo gripped his mother tighter, Grace hummed, "It's okay. Derek's just bringing you to your room."

"Mom..."

"I'll just clean up and we'll snuggle up to watch a movie. Even Der will join-"

"Now who said-" the alpha stopped when Grace sent him a look. He huffed but nodded. Once Theo was reassured, he let Derek bring him to the room while Grace cleaned up.

She knew how Theo would want to keep this between the three of them. The pup was a strong one and she was sure he wouldn't want any of the teasing packmates to know.

Pushing everything behind, she rushed to get changed to join her alpha and pup to watch a movie. A peaceful air surrounded them, that was until the pups arrived from school to join them.

As they watched, Theo kept his place close to his luna and alpha. He trusted the two that it won't be shared with anyone else.

Maybe that was an improvement for him. But all he knew was that he was glad he was sick because he got to spend time with his den mom and dad.