eight

»»————- ★ ————-««

8. pups

»»————- ★ ————-««

After the whole outburst at the clinic, Derek excused himself with Cora and Peter running after him. The Hales not wanting him to be alone. Not when it seemed as though his wolf will think Grace rejected him.

The pups stayed there, shocked at their den mother's reaction. None of them knew what to say, even Scott who was still in shock at what happened.

"Guys..." Liam muttered making the others turn to him, "Yeah Liam?" Kira asked softly at the wolf who was pursing his lips and fumbling with his fingers, "Is mom going to leave us?" he asked.

Theo shook his head and sat next to him, despite the past between the pack and Theo, he decided on comforting the wolf, "I don't think so..."

"How can you be so sure-"

"That's the thing, we can never be sure. But we have to be strong for the pack." Ethan cut Liam off with a sigh.

Silence engulfed them again, all of them listening to Ethan but still worried. Allison frowned, "She holds this thing together, what are we gonna do?" she asked.

Scott sighed and stood up, "We don't give up. Theo's right." He said, shocking Theo and making his eyes go wide, "Really?" he asked.

"Yeah. We don't know what would happen but if we don't think it will, then it probably won't. We just have to trust whatever happens."

"Yeah! And Gracie would never turn her back on us. Right?" Stiles spoke. Malia nodded, "She won't."

Lydia sighed in relief, "This is one hell of a pack, a family, whatever this is but I don't want to be anywhere else." She admitted to making the others agree with her.

They smiled at each other, not even realizing it, they had consoled each other. And that's what's important, the pack looking after each other in the time of worry.

Another silence engulfed them until Stiles decides to point out the obvious, "Hold on." He said while looking around animatedly.

"Where's Isaac?"

»»————- ★ ————-««

Grace Connors sat in her chair; she had just hung up the phone after her conversation with Deaton. She wanted to know more about being a Luna and it surprised the man.

The words repeating in her head, "You essentially become their mother, Grace. They feel drawn to you for safety and care which you have been doing already. It is fatal for the alpha when he already has chosen and in yours and Derek's case, his wolf had chosen you for years and was dormant because you two were always together."

She groaned and stood up and collapsed on her bed. It pains her to think that she wasn't with the pack. Each Saturday they would all just hang out and not being with them ached her heart.

But she didn't want to see Derek. Not yet, she had endured so much for Derek because she loves him. No matter the situation, even with Paige, Kate, and Jennifer, she was there. If it was the same situation, she would stay but he hid the truth from her and it hurt her deeply.

Her eyelids fluttered closed, it was nice to sleep when she heard whimpering and scratching. She huffed and sat up, she checked the clock, it was 3 am and she turned to her window.

Grace stood up and her eyes widened when she saw Isaac there. She opened her window and the werewolf dropped to her floor. He sniffled and she crouched down in front of him.

"What's going on Isaac?" she whispered. He looked up and her heart broke. His puffy and red eyes stared at her. Tears mark his cheeks and his trembling lips.

"I'm sorry. I just- I had a nightmare and you weren't home." He whispered as tears fell from his eyes. Grace picked him up from the floor and pulled him to bed.

"I tried getting in da- Derek's room but he wasn't there too and I just didn't know what to do-" his words turned into sobs as he gripped her shirt.

"Hey. Isaac, look at me." She whispered. He looked up and she smiled at him, wiping his tears away she pulled him into her arms.

"It's okay. I'm right here." She whispered. They stayed there, silent when Isaac looked back at her, "Do you not want us?" he asked.

Grace's heart dropped, "I-" "Then why did you leave?" Isaac asked her with broken eyes. "Theo locked himself in his room, Jackson didn't come home as well as the twins, Cora and Malia are working out nonstop, Kira has been on her walk for hours, Allison can't even talk, Lydia and Stiles are sulking and Scott is upset. Oh, and Liam can't stop crying." He said.

The girl gulped, "I didn't know you all would be upset-" "You're our Luna, our mom, our friend. We don't want you to leave." He whispered. She cupped his cheeks, "I'm not leaving." She said.

"Then why aren't you home?" he asked again. Grace sighed, "Derek hasn't hidden something like this from me, Isaac. And it hurt me." She explained. "But he's hurting too." He said.

"I'll come back. I always do. I just need time." She muttered. Isaac sighed and snuggled into her, "Sleep, Isaac." She whispered and that's what they did. They fell into a deep sleep, the pup finally getting a nice sleep in the arms of his mom.