twenty-four

»»————- ★ ————-««

24. clinic magic

»»————- ★ ————-««

Ever since that incident, Derek had become more overprotective than ever. Grace wouldn't have minded but when even peeing was a case, she had to draw a line.

"Derek, I'm just going to the bathroom."

A growl emitted from the alpha made her roll her eyes, "Honestly Der. We're home, there won't be any dead cats around." She said with a huff.

But Derek wasn't having it, his eyes flashed red, and he growled at Grace. She shook her head, "You know that doesn't work on me."

The girl had learned how to deal with her alpha's tantrums very well. So, she was about to walk away when an arm was looped around her waist and pulled back on the couch.

She groaned, "Derek Hale, what the hell is going on with you?" she asked confused. Derek kept his mouth shut stubbornly but this only made her more annoyed than confused.

"You know what, if you're not going to tell me I'll just leave-" she didn't get to finish the sentence.

A hand grabbed her wrist before she could reach the door. She looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "Stay." He grumbled, his eyes going back to his original green ones.

Grace sighed, "Will you tell me what's gotten your boxers in a twist?" she asked. He pursed his lips and she rolled her eyes, "Then I guess I'm leaving."

"You are not going out that door."

"And why not? I may be your luna and mate but I still have free reign over myself and my decisions Derek Hale. And if I say I want to go I will."

"You don't understand Grace..."

"Then make me understand. Explain to me what's going on inside your head. I'm not a mind reader Der."

The alpha let out a breath "Because that cat wasn't just a random thing Gracie, it was..." he mumbled the rest making her frustrated.

"What?"

"It was a way to court you."

That's when it all clicked for her. Derek was getting all protective wolf because of the courting action.

"Oh."

"Yeah. I don't want any more instances of them getting to you."

Grace sighed and walked to him, she placed a hand on his cheek and intertwined their fingers with her free hand. "You listen to me carefully Derek Hale, it doesn't matter how matter dead animals they send- which is gross, yuck. I will never look twice away from you."

"But-"

"No buts Derbear, that gross and disgusting gift went straight to the bin, but your gifts will forever be cherished. Remember that gift you gave me when we were kids? The teddy bear? It's still at my apartment. And that jersey you gave me in high school? I still wear it at night as pajamas. And the flowers you would pick me are preserved with magic even though I hate using my magic.

"Do you get what I'm saying Derek?"

He hummed and nodded, a blush appearing on his cheeks. Grace smiled and pecked his lips making his stomach jump.

"But that doesn't mean I'll let you walk around town on your own."

She scoffed, "Fine." She muttered before moving away slightly. Derek sent her a smug smirk but she flicked his forehead, "But I am drawing a line to the bathroom. I can pee by myself you know."

"You don't want me in there with you?" Derek asked teasingly. A bright red tint appeared on Grace's cheeks, she groaned and hit his head making the alpha laugh.

Oh, how they wished it was this peaceful in their life. But alas they lived in Beacon Hills.

»»————- ★ ————-««

On the other side of town, Deaton was throwing away his trash at the back of the clinic when he felt something. A different sensation, it was magic he was sure of it but it was a familiar feeling.

He turned to see nothing but he sensed something powerful. His eyebrows furrowed; he only felt this kind of magic a few times.

And from those times he knew what kind of magic it was. The question was, why was the magic there when the wielder was back at the Hale House, miles away from the clinic?

He could only guess what was about to come, but right now he had to focus on the problem at hand; the rogue pack.

Deaton will have this thought at the back of his head but he had to make sure he was focused on the problem at hand. This will have to be dealt with another day.

He let out a sigh. It was just another day at Beacon Hills, things just can't seem to end.