twenty-eight

»»————- ★ ————-««

28. bait gone wrong

»»————- ★ ————-««

The boys, led by Derek walked to the back of the Hale House, just beyond the creek, where he knew that Grace hates to go. There, they hid the trapped beta.

They planned on using the beta to lure in the pack at the metal factory where they will have the upper hand. That was the plan.

"Knock knock, you ready to be shark bait?" Stiles asked as he swung his bat over his shoulders. The beta looked at them, a blank look on his face.

"Seems like a cat got his tongue," Aiden said humoring his pack brother who beamed at the recognition of his joke. "Nah. I think he just doesn't care." Ethan said with a shrug.

As the three were berating the beta, Scott felt a shiver down his back. He looked at Derek who seemed to also feel it. "Dad?" Liam asked as he realized the red eyes that the alpha flashed.

Without saying anything, the beta smirked at them. He opened his mouth to say one thing before hell broke loose, "Checkmate."

And just like that, from the shadows appeared Ennis' betas. Lunging over the pups who were shocked at first before holding their ground. Isaac made sure Stiles was protected but not to a point where he made the human feel helpless. He got to hit some wolves here and there.

Derek was helping Theo when he was thrown to the wall. He groaned as he looked up, hearing the fighting in the background but he only focused on one person.

A shadow looming over him with a smirk, his red eyes familiar with Derek. The alpha growled making the other alpha laugh, "Oh come on Derek. Is this how you're going to welcome an old friend?"

Derek growled and pounced on him, slashing and kicking as much as he can. But it seems Ennis didn't feel this. Wrapping his hand around his throat, "Oh sorry, didn't expect this?"

His red alpha eyes mixed with an orange hue, "You don't know what you're up against Derek Hale." With a smirk, he was thrown to the ground.

Before he could stand up, Ennis' foot was placed on his neck making him choke, "You'll be dead in a minute and I will have a powerful luna in my pack. One that will make mine unstoppable."

As the pressure became harder, Derek could feel his eyes flashing back and forth. "Dad!" he could hear Isaac yell, something he didn't realize would be heard by his mother from a distance.