【5】【1】

"How'd you sleep?"

"Can I get back to you on that?"

"Oh Nik, you need to get some sleep, Babe."

"I will, when I have you back in my arms and bed. Speaking of being in bed, whatcha wearing?"

Kristie chuckles as she and Nikki chat on the phone while she gets herself dressed and ready to head to Red Bull stadium in advance of the United States Women's National Team playing their second match against Germany. "Not the time for dirty talk, Nik."

Nikki chuckles. "Dirty talk? No, I would never! I was genuinely curious what you usually wear before the games."

"Sure, you were. And to answer the question, we're all issued team gear at the beginning of camp, which is specifically to be worn while traveling. That's something you should already be familiar with or get familiar with because it's the same for road games with Gotham."

"And all of your home games are preceded by a fashion show worthy of the red carpet."

Kristie chuckles. "Exactly! I can't wait to dress you for that."

"Wait a minute, I hear something ... oh, it's just the sound of my bank account crying." Nikki knows without even seeing her girlfriend that Kristie is currently shaking her head and doing her best not to laugh at the comment.

"I've been thinking that perhaps, it'd be a good idea for you to start dressing the part. You know how they say dress for success or is it dress for the job you want? Either way, we should slowly be working on bringing in more business and dress wear into your wardrobe. It's not always tees and jeans acceptable and personally, I think you look sexy as fuck dressed up."

"How sexy do I look dressed down?"

Kristie bursts out laughing. "I like you best; when you're undressed!"

Nikki chuckles. "Ohhhh, that I can definitely arrange for you."

Kristie lets out a sigh.

"S'up, Babe?"

"Foxy asked me about you and if there was something going on between us; apparently, she saw you leaving the hotel and assumed you were there to see me."

"What did you say to her?"

"I tried to play dumb, but I'm not sure she bought it."

"I don't know why she wouldn't; you play dumb pretty convincingly."

"Hey! Keep it up and I'm not giving you the present I got."

"You're the only present I need, and I'd never say no to unwrapping you."

"I'll remember that when Christmas gets closer."

"Umm, yeah."

"Talk to me, Nik."

"It's just, I don't really celebrate Christmas."

"You don't celebrate Christmas?"

"Not the traditional way, no. I don't have family other than Paige and Ms. M and we've never felt the need to put up and decorate a tree for just us or spend money that is better put towards necessities. Last year, Paige and I watched movies while dining on pizza and wings."

"I thought you told me that you spend Christmas with Ms. M?"

"Generally, we do, but, last year she was put in charge of the Christmas concert at her church after the usual person was hospitalized and was kept pretty busy; it didn't make sense to sit around the house and do nothing, so we stayed here."