【2】【3】

Kristie stares at her phone debating whether or not to call or message Nikki and ask for? she's not even sure what. Clarification, perhaps? Yeah, that's it, she needs to know more about what Paige meant when she inferred that she was living Nikki's dream. 

New Message

Kristie: Hey, are you awake? I need to ask you something. 

Waiting for a response and not getting one, she can only assume that her girlfriend is most likely out cold in bed. She finishes applying a fresh coat of makeup and packs up her stuff before setting off in search of Paige. Remembering Nikki saying that she works in sales and marketing capacity, Kristie heads towards where the offices and cubicles are set up and quickly locates her girlfriend's sister. 

Paige smiles at her, "Just let me finish up this email and let Ally know I'm stepping out and we can find someplace to grab a bite." 

Kristie nods, "Sounds good." 

The butterflies swirl inside her as Kristie awaits Paige's return. Being a professional athlete she's long since put aside the anxious feeling associated with performing on some of the world's largest stages but as much as tries to rationalize her thoughts and feelings, at this moment she finds herself unable to quash the flying insects that have taken over. 

"You ready? I've only got an hour, so we'll need to find some place close by." Paige collects her stuff and stands in front of Kristie, who is looking a little out of sorts.

Kristie looks up at her and nods, "You have her eyes; I didn't notice it until now." 

Paige chuckles, "I'd imagine that having a complete stranger approach and inform you that they're your girlfriend's sister, was a little bit of a shock." 

Kristie nods, "Yeah. Sorry, I'm just kinda out of my element." 

Paige smiles and nods, "I feel that; imagine my suprise at finding out that the woman my sister has fallen for is well ... you." 

"I'm gonna need a bit more information." 

"Let's get some food and I wish an alcoholic drink of some sort, but, unfortunately one of us has to return to work afterwards and we can talk." 

Kristie nods and they walk out together, choosing a place closeby to grab something to eat, drink and have a seat to talk. 

"I'm not going to be able to eat until you help me understand why it's such a bad thing for Nikki and I to be dating." 

Paige takes a sip of her iced coffee before placing it back down on the table. "How much has Nikki told you about her past and childhood?" 

"Not alot, she's always been super guarded about everything except her relationship with you and her boss at Vibe. Until recently, I didn't know anything about your parents or more specifically the whole Dad needing a liver thing." 

Paige nods, "Sounds about right. Nik has been hurt and I mean really, hurt in the past. Our father did a number on her physically, mentally and emotionally and it took lots of hours on the couch for her to even be able to continue to go on. My Dad always wanted a son and ended up with two daughters. From the day Nikki or Nicole was born, he was hard on her and as a result she was always closer to our Mom. Along with being a chainsmoking, alcoholic he was an abusive bastard who oftens took out his frustrations on our Mom and Nik, I was spared because I was the good daughter and stayed out of his way. Nikki always had a ton of energy and stood up against him, which often didn't end well. She was always playing with the neighbourhood boys, climbing trees, doing sports, riding bikes, basically anything they did she wanted to do and most the time she was better at it than they were. One of the boys was signed up for a soccer team and Nikki basically begged our Mom to allow her to play too. From the very first time she put on cleats and shinguards, she was a natural at the game and could never get enough of it. She went everywhere with her ball, even sleeping with it. Soccer was her first love and her dream was to become a professional soccer player."