【5】【2】

Nikki joins the crowd as they scream, yell and chant, U...S... A!, U...S...A!" She nudges Sam's arm and the currently injured and unavailable for selection to the team, member of the Mewis family can only laugh before joining in.

"How are you so happy and excited to watch a game, that we don't even know if Kristie is going to make an appearance in?"

Nikki smiles. "Look around us; it's a beautiful day, the crowd is alive, the match is just about to start and I get to enjoy watching the woman I love, play the sport I love. If you'd have seen me 6 months ago, I never would have imagined me being here, in a place where dreams come true and not reacting to everything with crippling anxiety attacks. Even if Kris doesn't get any minutes today, it's a huge win for me personally."

"You might to lower your voice if you plan on keeping the whole Kristie and you thing off the socials and also, that's awesome!"

Nikki smiles and nods. "Thanks."

"Hopefully, the team plays better today than they have been. They were talking earlier about how the USWNT has never lost four games in a row and right now, there sitting on three consecutive losses."

"Damn. I didn't know it had gotten that bad, I know Kris mentioned that they haven't really been playing as a unit and the chemistry has seriously been off since the coaching change."

Sam nods. "Obviously, I can't say much, but I will offer that there has been some personality conflicts in the dressing room and they may have contributed to some of the issues on field."

Nikki looks at Sam. "Tell me that Kris told someone off and that's why she's warming the bench."

Sam bursts out laughing. "Kris is a lover, not a fighter. Even though she puts up a tough front, she's a marshmallow underneath it all."

Nikki chuckles and nods.

They stand up as the anthems for both countries fill Red Bull Arena and watch on as Becky Sauerbrunn and Alexandra Popp, the Captain's for their respective sides meet, shake hands, exchange banners and then conduct the coin flip to determine possession and sides.

"Let's go!" The crowd gets loud as the teams get ready for the opening kick off.

"The German side is extremely well organized in comparison to the us, it's no wonder they beat them the other night. So far to me it looks as though the US is content to sit back and let the play come to them; no initiative, creativity or killer instinct. Pugh should have taken the shot right there, instead she waited and turned the ball over."

"That's a card, ref!" Nikki stands up and yells as Mallory Pugh is taken down by one of the German defenders. Sam chuckles at her as she sits back down. "Are you the type that yells at the screen as well?"

Nikki nods. "It's frustrating to me, seeing how this team clearly isn't functioning as a unit and the midfield is in shambles, yet, Kris, isn't being given a chance. 10 has been useless so far and 17 should be on the bench, she can't keep up with them."

Sam chuckles. "Need I remind you that I'm friends with both of those players. Also, I agree, Andi isn't having a good game."

"Andi, as in Andi Sullivan?"

"Yeah. I thought you said that you'd studied the players."

"I did, I just realized that I may have played with her when I was younger."

"I can re-introduce you to her after the game if you like."

"Probably not a good idea; the less people who know who I am the better, right?"