【6】

Standing out front of Vibe, Kristie Mewis looks around and takes in the lineup of individuals waiting to be let in and seeing no signs of the group of athletes she's meant to meet with. 

New Message

K Mew: Where are you guys? I'm outside the club. 

Kriegs: Sorry, running a bit late. Sloane was being fussy and didn't want us to leave. Are you alone? 

K Mew: Yes and I'm about 5 minutes away from leaving. 

Kriegs: Hang tight, we're almost there. First round is on Ash. 

K Mew: First two rounds. 

Kriegs: LOL, I'll let her know. See you soon. 

Kristie slides her phone back in her pocket and joins the line to enter. Reading the signage, she collects the mandatory glow necklaces and snaps them before connecting them and sliding them over her perfectly styled hair for the evening. She checks her coat before then entering the main area, where the tunes are fresh and hopefully the drinks will be flowing. Not wanting to stake her claim on a table or booth, she opts to head towards the bar and grab a seat on one of the stools. 

"What can I get for you, beautiful?" 

Looking over to where the voice came from Kristie swallows and can't help but think to herself, "Fuck, she's hot." 

"Umm, yeah, we don't really do hot drinks, but, I do make a mean Cosmo." 

Kristie can't help but awkwardly laugh, "Sorry, I didn't realize that I'd spoken out loud. Do you have any recommendations aside from the Cosmo?" 

The woman behind the counter with the soul piercing blue eyes leans forward and softly smiles, "I have tons of recommendations, but, judging by the fact that you seem to be alone, how about a leg spreader or panty dropper?" She bites her bottom lip before standing back up and Kristie feels parts of her coming back to life as she does. Taking a breath to compose herself, Kristie smiles, "Does that line usually work on women?" 

She hears a laugh, "Not always, but, when I see something or someone I'm interested in, I tend not to hide behind an expresso martini, manhattan or even a pink lady." 

Kristie is so drawn in by the women's smirk, she jumps from her seat as Ashlyn makes her presence known, followed closely by Ali and a few other teammates and acquaintances. 

"What the fuck, Harris? You almost gave me a heart attack." 

Ashlyn laughs and puts her arm around Kristie,"First rounds on me. What are we having?"

With the tension of the moment now broke, Kristie looks up and half heartedly smiles, "Cosmos?" 

Ashlyn puts her card on the bar, "You heard the lady, I'll take ...." Ashlyn looks back to count how many are in the group, "6 cosmos, please." 

"Coming right up." Nikki gets to work on the order, before swiping the card and opening a tab. Nikki places the drinks on the counter and smiles, "Enjoy." 

Ashlyn smiles and nods, "Mewie? Hello? You in there? Ali's got a table over that way."

"Right, sorry." Kristie stands up and collects her share of the drinks before following Ashlyn accross the room. She can't help but look back and admire the mystery woman behind the bar. 

"What took you guys so long?" 

Ashlyn leans over and kisses her wife's cheek, "The bartender got Mewis all hot and bothered." 

"Did not! She was simply offering me some drink suggestions." 

"Yes, drink suggestions." 

Ashlyn laughs, "Really? That's what you're going with? Don't think I didn't see you looking at her assets when she was making our drinks."