The truth about Safe Haven

Cameron, Roy, Jeff, and the rest ran very fast from the demon triplets. Cameron screams while the triplets behind him starts giggling as they continue to pursue them. They ran, ran, and ran until they see a door that leads to a room they never been before. 

"Just what the heck they want!?" Tina screams. "I don't know? I can't think while I am trying to run and hope I make it." Ken replies in a panic. "I wonder if we use the scooby doo logic so that we can trap them in a door loop?" Jeff thought. "Too bad it works in cartoons. If the doors were connected it might work. Maybe." Roy said. 

Cameron made it to the door. And opened it for the rest to come in. Ken and Tina got in first. Jeff comes in next. And finally Roy comes in last. By the time Cameron closes the door. The triplets are banging on the door. Trying to breach. Ken and Tina goes to assist Cameron with the door. The three holds on to the door. "Hurry, their after us." Cameron said. 

Carrie, Zechariah, and others look puzzled and confused with their sudden entrance. "What in tarn- Cam? Carrie looks to see Roy, Jeff, you guys?" Carrie said still holding her confused look. "Hi Carrie." Roy and Jeff both said at the same time. 

The door started to breach. Revealing the three demon triplets. "Ayy baby." She said in a flirty way. The third red demon holds her sign saying: Sorry about the door. Then the door collapses beneath Cameron, Ken, and Tina. "We'll I'll be. These here are hell sprites." Carrie holds one of the triplets up in the air. "The what?" Roy asked. "So what are they really doing here?" Ken wondered. "We're looking for our master Damian." The triplet with two eyes said. While leaning on Fabian. "Ain't that the devil's kid?" Carrie said. "Hell sprites?" Cameron wondered. 

Ken reaches out with his hand and Cameron grabs his hand. Helping her off the door. And getting up. "Thanks Ken." Cameron said. "No problem." Ken replied. "You allow the son of the devil to attend this school. And you lock me up?" Simon said. "Damian does not endanger the lives of the students." Zechariah said. "Pft. Yer talkin' bout a demon. All demons endanger lives. Even the critters over there." Simon said. 

One of them bits Fabian tail. Making a yelp. Jeff felt a sudden pain on his shoulder. "Yeow." Jeff turns to see its one of the hell sprites. The one with the swirling eyes on his shoulder. "Sorry." She said. "Sure, no problem. Can you let go please?" Jeff asked while feeling the sharp nails on his shoulder. "Okay." She unsheathes her claws, and just sits on his shoulder. 

"See. Simon said. "I think we should return. To the subject. At hand." Salvia said. "Indeed, what's a rogue vampire is doing past the agreed school boundaries?" Zechariah wondered. Simon puts on a smirk smile, and answers. "We got bored." Simon said. 

"Bullshit! That maroon leech knows she's not allowed this close to the city. Ya'll wouldn't risk comin here-" Carrie gets interrupted. "Even if we did have a reason. Do ya really think I'd spill my secrets of my mistress to you? Y'all are wasting your own time!" Simon said. Cameron was at the limit. She decides she's had enough of this. "ENOUGH! She snaps, catching everyone off guard. 

"I have been here for three whole weeks. And no one has explained to me exactly what is going on here, What this place is, What It's called!? I know you guys are trying to keep me from getting scared but I've had it with being confused! Cameron sits down on the chair. Explain tings to me." Cameron finishes. Carrie and Fabian looked at each other, processing their thoughts. 

"Has she ever raised her voice before when she was your substitute teacher?" Roy asked. "Nope, not even once. This is my first time witnessing this." Jeff said. "Yeah, same." Roy added. "Salvia, do you mind?" Zechariah asked Salvia. Salvia then begins to project and image from her hands. And the whole room. Begins to change. 

"Cameron. Newcomers who arrived here. In the few weeks that you all have been there. You have only been exposed. To the Zoo-phoenix academy. And its grounds. Because...we felt it best to feed you more information... Once we felt you were comfortable with the school. But if you insist  on knowing this place. Is much bigger then what  you all have experienced. It is called... Safe haven. It is a sanctuary. 

Safe haven has thrived as its own world for centuries... We sustain ourselves here... And serve as a utopia and protected escape for all kinds of creatures that are ostracized by the human dominated world beyond the oceanica forest... That is why there are so few humans here.

Safe Haven.. Is split into seven districts. And each distract has an important purpose... And contributes to the society as a whole... pacts were made and spells were cast to prohibit malevolent forces from entering the boundaries of safe haven. But to maintain the peace and tranquility of this thriving culture... very specific rules were put into effect... By the original peacekeepers who founded Safe Haven. 

Forces include: Evil spirits, rogue vampires, true demons, and blood hunters. The laws here are strict and they keep the dangers out... while keeping the citizens inside...And safe. But this is also why no living being is permitted to leave for good... It goes against the pacts that protects us... And breaking those pacts could lead to the corruption of the magic that shields us. 

And we would be overcome with the dark forces that have been wanting to enter safe haven for centuries. It is too much of a risk. Safe Haven has not had a violent crime... or a dangerous predator.. In years. And we do everything we can to keep it that way."
Salvia explains. 

"Yeah, But the appearance of a rogue vampire. A queen at that.. Indicates that somethin' must be wrong. They shouldn't've been able to enter Safe Haven limits." Carrie said. "Let alone get this close to the city." Fabian added. "I don't like hearing this at all. Not after what we sat through." Tina said. 

"Awright ya snarky fleabitten coyote shit. Spit it out! How did you and the tattered bat-woman get past the-" Simon interrupts her Ya'll want the truth? Neither of us knows, we went to sleep in an abandoned cellar. Somewhere in Berlin. Then work up in an old shed by the lake. About two miles within the city limits and we were hungry. Plus we heard rumors about some critters here everyone was-" Simon gets cut off. 

"Are you buyin' this bull shit?" Carrie asked. "It isn't.. pft. Just like everyone else on the outside we knew of this stupid place and the tasty critters, and yeah we wanted to come crash the party. But we never bothered cause we knew there's no way to get in. The moment we realized where we were, we jumped at the opportunity obviously. 

Seriously though... havin' this many diverse and rare creatures in one piece? Safe Haven.. And this academy are legendary on the outside for hunters like us. Would be a shame If more of us were able to slip in under the radar wouldn't it? You'd be surprised how fast the news spreads from here to the outside." Simon said. 

Cameron lowers herself from the chair with a freaked look. The other humans in the room has a hard time processing this. For Roy? He now understands why they can't leave? Everyone in safe haven would be defenseless. Including his friends. Like Jeff, and Jack. Roy doesn't know what to think of this. The same can't be said for others. Fabian sees they all look worried. 

"Are you alright Cameron?" Fabian asked. "Gim'me a minute..." Cameron said nervously. Fabian turns to the other humans. "Roy?" Fabian calls his name. "I don't know anymore. But the thought of this scares me. Leaving, and those evil forces will spread all the crazy madness and hurt others. No wonder why my parents couldn't leave. After hearing the truth about this place. I don't think it ain't their fault." Roy said. 

"Of course not. I am glad you realized this. But don't let all of this worry you. As long as were here. That's all it matters. Helping the others is a great favor to the safe haven. Even your friends as well." Fabian said. "He's right. Don't let this stress get to you. We all decided to stay anyway after all." Ken said. "Yeah." Jeff joins in. 

"I am curious myself on the before mentioned matter. How the hell, are you ok with the devil's son attending this school when the other demons are not allowed in? Seems a bit unfair." Simon said. "Well its because-" Fabian gets cut off by a yell. "Shut the fuck up pretty boy! Simon yelled. 

Damian is allowed to attend this academy, due to the fact two of his caretakers appealed to me about the matter. They seemed to think Damien was very unhappy with his previous educational environment. They thought it would be better for him to be around more kids his age. Also his cousin attends the school." Zechariah said. 

Yeah well that seems legit. No danger in having a hell spawn hoppin' around." Simon said. "Damian is a teenage boy not unlike any other attending this school. I do not want to discriminate what he is especially not after the appeal his caretakers made." Zechariah said.

"So are hell royals just... not forced to follow the same rules as us otha' kinds of demons?" Simon wondered. "The hell royal family to which Damien belongs is more lawful then most demons so they can be worked into the laws of Safe Haven fairly." Zechariah said. "Well thas' bull shit if ya ask me." Simon said. "Nobody did." Fabian added. 

Salvia checks on Cameron if she's ok. "Cameron how are you coping?" Salvia asked. "I need a nap." Cameron said. Roy goes on ahead. "I think I'm gonna go somewhere. I'm feeling exhausted right now" Roy said. "Right behind you." Jeff said. "Hey parker kid." Simon called. Roy stops. "Just a warning before you go. Remember how I said the news spreads fast? Well your part of it. Turns out you are a threat to them." Simon said. Hearing this gets Roy curious. 

"What do you mean? To who?" Roy asked. "To the hunters. The news of that shocks everyone. I may not know much about them. But they want you out of the way, permanently." Simon said.  "I think that's quite enough." Fabian said. But Simon continues. "We were hired to get it done, but look how that turned out. But that doesn't mean your safe kid. One way or the other, you will always face something that seeks to destroy you. If not, then maybe your poor friends. 

Keep dreaming kid. Once you find what your looking for. You'll already missed everything.         All you will ever find. Will be nothing but ashes. Ashes, of your folks. Who you never seen them since." Simon said. "THAT"S ENOUGH outta you!" Carrie slams her fist against the cage. "You torment the boy long enough." Zechariah said. "Torment? I was only speaking the truth. And thought I give him a heads up." Simon said. 

Jeff was about to go with Roy. But sees he's already gone ahead. "Hey, Roy? Where did you go?" Jeff runs off. While unaware of the hell sprites following him to tag along. While still focusing on trying to find the prince.