[23] Detective Grayson

In canon, HOO happens a few months after TLO, In this fanfic, I've changed that a bit so Dick can already be an Detective.

---

I yawned. It had been a late night last night, I sent Maisy to Camp Half Blood, then went to bed, but that night's nightmares were the worst yet.

It was like I was walking around Tartarus, but it was completely empty. Nothing was there, not even the rivers, just an endless expanse of sulfureous plains.

Still, I had a job, and a nightmare wasn't going to stop me from showing up.

I wish I hadn't shown up today.

---

The morning went as normal, I drank enough coffee to rival Tim, stuffed my face with more ambrosia than I should have and generally tried my best to function normally. And it worked, mostly.

That wasn't the problem though, the problem was that when I came back from lunch, an officer came up to me and said,

"We found one of those missing kids you investigated he was with another kid so they're both in interrogation."

For a normal Detective, this would be great news, but the only missing kids that I investigated where Demigods. I liked to take the cases so people wouldn't go sticking their nose into Godly business.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped into the interrogation room hoping to see anyone other than my friends, alas, the fates really do hate me.

"This is why you're not meant to shadow travel!" Ah shit, I recognised that voice.

"Will, we needed to get to Camp Jupiter and I figured this would be the quickest way to do it!"

"Well look where that got us!" I figured that was as good a time as any to announce my presence, Clearing my throat, I sat down across from Will and Nico.

"So, William Solace and..." I left the ending open like a question, when the couple looked at me, their eyes both lit up in recognition, but for different reasons,

"You're Richard Grayson!"

"You know my name idiot." Will and Nico said at the same time, Will turned to Nico in shock,

"You know Richard Grayson?" he asked, well, more like yelled, Nico just nodded, before Will could go on another rant, I cleared my throat again,

"So, mind telling me what you were doing in Bludhaven?"

"We were just-" Will started

"My shadow travelling messed up." Nico said casually, Will's jaw dropped,

"Why would you just say that to a mortal?!" I rolled my eyes,

"Will? I want you to squint real hard, try to see through the mist." I instructed, Will did so, and when he did, he fell of his chair in shock,

"PERCY?! You're Richard Grayson?!" He shouted, 

"I prefer Dick." I shrugged, Will was gaping, while Nico was stifling a laugh. I smiled at seeing him so happy again, Will really was good for him. I stood up, getting bored of the shock on Will's face,

"I'll use the mist to make them let you go." I said, "Oh, and Will? Could you maybe keep this between us? The Aphrodite Cabin would go crazy." With that, I left, grinning to myself the whole time.

---

It's short, but when are my chapters not?

Also the plot keeps evolving and I'm super excited for it, so stay tuned!!!

ANYWAY, as always, votes and comments are brilliant, so please leave some!

Luv Ya,

Hestia.