12, Drowning In Time

Theodor felt the heavy weight of something overtop of him. He woke up. He tried to pull his hair back, but the force of something else was pinning him down. He couldn't see anything that could possibly be doing this.

"Wh-what?" Theodor trembled. "What's happening??"

He tried to get up again, but the invisible force kept on pulling him back down, almost like an undertow. He tried to catch his breath, but the force wasn't letting him do that either.

"Please!" Theodor begged. He knew this might be where he would see his end. He really didn't want to think like that. People still needed saving!

Theodor turned his head to see something just barely out of reach from him. Hr couldn't tell what it was, but it looked important. He decided he needed to try to reach for it. He tried everything, but he seemed to be stuck where he was. The invisible force continued pushing down on him. He could barely breathe because of it, but that wasn't even the worst of it. The room Theodor was in was filling up with water.

"No! Please, no!!" Theodor begged. He knew that the water would drown hin... The more the water began to rise, the more scared Theodor became... But also, the water seemed to loosen the grip of the invisible force! Theodor just had to keep wiggling around in the water to pull free. As he wiggled around, trying to break free, he began to feel weaker, like the amount of energy he was using was killing him. Theodor trembled. As the water kept on rising, Theodor's hopes of survival kept on fading. Soon, he was almost completely submerged underwater. He was on the verge of giving up. He couldn't save them. He couldn't save Alika. He couldn't even save himself.

"Theodor.... Theodor!" A voice spoke from above him. It sounded like Reiley.

"Reiley???" Theodor gasped.

"Theodor, can you hear me?" Reiley trembled. Theodor looked up but didn't see Reiley. It was at this point that he knew that he was trapped in his own mind.

"Theodor, I'm here to help you...." Reiley trembled. "Please! Don't leave us! The others need you! Please!!"

Theodor's eyes welled up with tears hearing Reilly's voice encourage him. He didn't have much fight left, but he knew he had to use it to get out of here.

The object that Theodor tried reaching for started glowing. Theodor knew he had to get to it, but with what energy? He decided to turn on his side very fast. Maybe that will give him a split second to grab the glowing object.

"Okay Theodor... This is it. Your last chance." Theodor thought out loud. He clenched his eyes as he gathered up the energy to turn and teach for the object. Inches away from it, he stretched his arm out as far as it would go.

"Degete, don't fail me now!" Theodor cried. He reached his fingers out to grab the glowing object. Once his fingers had wrapped around the object, he pulled it closer. The water began to drain, the pressure on top of him began to loosen, he collapsed to the floor while holding the glowing object. He let his breath catch up to him. When he could finally breathe, hie began to hear Reiley clearer. He could feel pounding in his head. The next thing he knew, it was pitch dark.

"Theodor...." Reiley continued to whisper his name. Soon, the blackness began to fade, and Theodor opened his eyes. When he looked around, he wasn't in the same place he was when he was drowning. He was no longer trapped in his mind.

"Reiley...." Theodor stammered and smiled.

"You're alive!" Reiley cried. "Thank God!"

"What... What happened?" Theodor asked.

"Darius brought you here... You weren't waking up when I was trying to wake you. I... I thought you were gone." Reiley trembled as he unstrapped Theodor from the bed he was stuck to.

"Reiley... It was nuts... I felt this force... I was pinned. There was water rising from nowhere...." Theodor began, but Reiley cut him off.

"Theodor.... Your hands... They're glowing!" Reiley exclaimed. Theodor looked down at his hands... Reiley was right!

"What?.... What the..." Theodor trembled.

"That has to mean something! There's no way it doesn't!!!" Reiley cried.

"Maybe.... Maybe..." Theodor responded.

"Maybe you gained the power... The same power that Darius uses..." Reiley spoke in an uplifting tone. Theodor took a step back.

"You... You think that I..." Theodor couldn't even finish his sentence. He was just so speechless.

"Well maybe you should test it..." Reiley began to speak, but Theodor cut him off.

"No! I'm not going to kill..... Wait... If I have the power, that means I can bring everyone back!" Theodor cried.

"Theodor, you have to do it quickly. Darius could come by any second now!" Reiley encouraged Theodor.

"I don't know how..." Theodor responded.

"It shouldn't be too hard. I've seen the patterns that Darius uses." Reiley replied. Theodor held his breath. He knew what he had to do.

"Okay... I'm gonna do this... And if I'm gonna do this, I have to do it now." Theodor spoke in a quiet, yet assertive tone.

"Good luck, Theodor." Reiley smiled.

"Thanks... I'm gonna need it." Theodor smiled back. Before he could run that way, Reiley called his name again..

"Theodor, please... Promise me you'll take care of Alika." He trembled.

"I will. I promise." Theodor smiled with a tear in his eye as he ran towards where the bodies were being kept.

Meanwhile, in the distance, a pair of eyes met Theodor as he made his way to the place where everyone was being held. However, the pair of eyes that were watching him didn't have the same intentions as Darius and Matteo.

"Come on, Theodor... You can do this." The man whispered with a Ukrainian accent...

...

"UUUGH!" Luke cried as he tried ramming his body into the door for the thousandth time.

"Cut it out, Luke. You're going to cause a scene. Darius or Matteo will hear it, and we'll be killed faster." Monika sighed.

"How else do you expect to get out of here??" Luke raised his voice.

"We don't. It's that simple..." Käärijä sighed.

"Come on, Jere.... Don't lose hope." Alessandra trembled.

"Don't call me Jere. Only Bojan could call me that....." Käärijä sighed. Alessandra's lower lip began to tremble. She felt horrible for the Finnish man,

"What are we going to do?" Iru asked.

"I... I don't know..." Loreen trembled. Everyone knew that the moment Loreen lost hope, there was no hope left.

"There has to be a way out!" Remo cried.

"There's no way.... Darius and Matteo have probably already killed off Theodor..." Gustaph trembled.

"Don't say that! He has to be alive!" Alessandra quivered.

"We're never getting out of here...." Andrew sighed. At that moment, something dropped from Andrew's pocket. He looked down and what he saw gave him hope.

"Guys. There's still hope! We have one more chance to get out of here, save Theodor, save Mahmood, and save everyone else before it's too late!" Andrew cheered.

"How is that exactly?" Remo asked. Andrew picked up the object off the floor and held it up to the others. They gasped as Andrew said:

"Let's hope that a certain Portuguese woman kept her word..."