01, The Agony Deep Down Inside

Vasyl twiddled his thumbs. He looked out the window at the dark, endless night sky. He knew what had to do. He knew where he was going. He knew that what he was doing and where he was going could lead him, and a lot of of other people, into a ton of danger.

"Next stop, Liverpool." The train conductor chanted as the train began to start up again. Vasyl knew that was where destiny would take him. He couldn't help but look around at the other passengers. They're probably going to visit relatives, maybe even attending Eurovision, which would be held here in two weeks. Vasyl however, was not here for Eurovision, or for relatives...

"Hey. Is this seat taken?" Vasyl snapped out of his thoughts to see a man. The man looked to be younger than him, but not by much. He had long brown hair that went down to his shoulders. He had glasses on, and he seemed very extroverted.

"Oh, no. Don't worry. You can sit here." Vasyl smiled. The other man sat down.

"So, what's your name?" The man asked.

"Vasyl. Vasyl Demchuk. You?" Vasyl responded.

"Oh, I'm Theodor Andrei. I've heard of you! You went to Vidbir 2023, right?" Theodor asked, excited. "Your song was amazing!"

"You think so?" Vasyl asked.

"Of course! You should be very proud of your score!" Theodor smiled.

"Thank you." Vasyl smiled as he looked to the floor.

"So are you the Romanian representative for Eurovision 2023?" Vasyl asked.

"That's me." Theodor smiled.

"Oh wow! Well, good luck!" Vasyl responded.

"Thanks! I'm probably going to need it." Theodor responded. Vasyl nodded. Then, he grew silent. Vasyl realized what he was here for. He knew what Darius wants, and he knows what Darius is capable of. He knew he had to give him what he wanted. But at the same time, Theodor seemed so nice! It didn't seem right to go on with the plan....

"Vasyl? You alright?" Theodor asked. Vasyl flinched as he snapped from his thoughts. He looked at Theodor. He sighed. He didn't want to do this anymore!

That was when the train began to stop.

"Liverpool! Anyone getting off in Liverpool?" The conductor asked. Vasyl and Theodor stood up.

"Oh, you're going to Liverpool too?" Theodor asked Vasyl

"Yeah." Vasyl smiled. Both men, along with the other passengers who needed to get off here, began to exit the train. Vasyl sighed. Theodor looked at him. He noticed Vasyl's mood, he decided to ask what was wrong. Vasyl couldn't hold it in anymore. He had to warn Theodor.

"I'm going to be honest with you... I was sent to Liverpool by someone named Darius Raja.... He sent me here because he wanted all the Eurovision 2023 entrants captured... You're in great danger, Theodor. If you stay any longer, you might be dead!" Vasyl blurted at once. Theodor gasped.

"Wait..." He took a step back

"You have to go! Go, or else Darius will find you!" Vasyl spoke again.

"I-I heard you the first time.... What about you?" Theodor asked with a quiver in his voice.

"I'll be fine..." Vasyl trembled. "Just go! Promise me that you'll warn everyone about Darius!"

"I will... I promise!" Theodor replied before running the other direction, leaving Vasyl standing in the alleyway. He breathed a sigh of relief. All he needed to do now was tell Darius that he never ran into anyone important. Theodor would be safe, and no one would be harmed. All Vasyl had to do was keep cool, and pray that Darius would believe him...

"I knew you'd do this..." A villainous voice came from behind Vasyl. Vasyl was startled by the voice, for it was very familiar to him.

"U-Uh, Darius!" Vasyl gasped.

"And you thought I'd let you let that Romanian kid get away? You thought I wouldn't find out that you were protecting him?" Darius muttered.

"I-I..." Vasyl trembled.

"Don't worry... I'm not mad at you." Darius smiled.

"W-wait.. really?" Vasyl quivered.

"Yes! I'm just fine!" Darius chuckled.

"O-oh." Vasyl sighed in relief.

"That is.... If you do me a quick favor...." Darius snickered.

"Oh... What is that?" Vasyl asked, slightly nervous.

"Come closer and I'll tell you." Darius responded. Vasyl stepped closer to Darius.

"Closer." Darius snickered. Vasyl inched closer to Darius.

"Closer." Darius demanded. At this point, Vasyl and Darius were not even two inches apsrt from each other

"I-is this close enough?" Vasyl trembled.

"Perfect." Darius chuckled. He then opened his hand. He made some movements with his fingers, and looked directly at Vasyl. The finger movements that Darius was making were in a specific pattern. As he lifted his fingers slowly, a glowing red light rose up from his palm.

"N-no! Please don't do this!" Vasyl cried. But his pleas were no use.

Darius held the ball of light in his hand as he began to use it to suck the life out of Vasyl! Pretty soon, Vasyl tumbled to the ground, lifeless. Darius lowered his hand and snickered.

"That was too easy!" Darius snickered to himself. He looked down at Vasyl as he lay there. Little did he know, someone had been recording the whole thing...

"No! Vasyl!" Theodor gasped. He couldn't believe that Darius would kill him like that!

Darius looked in Theodor's direction. He noticed Theodor cry out. Theodor knew he had to run away and fast.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE!!!!" Darius cried. Theodor ran fast, but Darius seemed faster. Eventually, Theodor was cornered.

"You've got nowhere to run..." Darius muttered evilly.

"Why? You killed him!!!" Theodor cried.

"He broke my rules..."  Darius responded.

"That shouldn't give you a reason to kill him!" Theodor trembled.

"You're very brave, sassing someone like me. You do realize that i have the power to kill you right now, right?" Darius questioned.

Theodor had to think of a way out of his situation. He obviously didn't want to die here, but he couldn't just leave Vasyl unavenged! Theodor thought long and hard...

"You know what? Just do it! Kill me!" Theodor responded. He really didn't know where that one came from.

"Nah, that's not fun enough...." Darius cackled. Theodor gulped. Theodor didn't know what Darius meant by that. Darius made his finger movements and created a blue glowing light. It didn't seem too different from the red one that Darius used on Vasyl, but it looked scary enough.... There was nowhere to run.

"How about.... We just forget this every happened... Shall we?" Darius cackled as he flung his hand to release the blue glowing ball of light straight towards the Romanian. Once it hit him, he slid back into the tree and lost consciousness.

Darius laughed. He knew that when Theodor woke up, he wouldn't remember what had happened at all. Most of all, he'd be more vulnerable than the rest. Laughing some more, Darius left the scene, forgetting to take Theodor's phone with him....