3. Crush.

After Malik and I finished washing the dishes he brought me down to the theater, to watch a movie.

"Jack Harlow is fine!" I said we were watching the new White Man Can't Jump.

"He ain't got nothin' on me though" Malik dusted his shoulder off, making a smug face. "Especially as a white man."

"You so stupid" I pushed his arm

"I kinda want some popcorn..." he said

"And?" I already knew what he was asking, but I wanted him to say it.

"Well, you're the new chef ain't you! Can you go make me some please?" he gave me a cheeky grin.

"I don't work for you" I stuck my tongue out at him, "But since you family, I guess its aight"

"Thank you" he called as I walked up the stairs.

"Yeah, whatever!" I said, laughing. My laughter stopped when I saw someone in the kitchen.

I walked past him to the cabinet and pulled out a bag of popcorn.

"What was so funny," Brian asked, he was sitting on the counter eating another plate of Peach Cobbler. He was wearing a pair of sweats and a wifebeater. His tattoos stood out, they looked cool. I almost lost my train of thought, just looking at him.

"Your cousin?" I questioned, making an educated guess. I knew for sure he didn't have any siblings. "He is your cousin right?"

"Yeah, he's crazy, I think he's got a crush on you," he said.

"Well he is pretty cute" I smiled. I leaned against the counter across from him.

Brian gave me a tight smile and a nod. Seemed like that isn't what he wanted me to say.

"Should you be eating that this late?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence. It was just about two in the morning.

"Next to my mama's, this is the best peach cobbler I've ever had. It was calling my name" he grinned at me.

"Thank you. I only want to make you happy" I said. After a second, I realized it came off much more seductive than professional.

The microwave beeped, signaling that the popcorn was done.

I pulled it out and started opening cabinets, looking for a bowl.

"Here," Brian said, hopping down and handing one to me.

"Thanks," I said.

After I was done I started to walk away, but I didn't wanna leave him sitting there. "Umm..you wanna come to watch the movie with us?" I asked from the hallway, his back was to me.

He turned around and smiled, "Nah I gotta be up early in the morning for a meeting.

"What time?" I asked

"Why? You wanna come?" he looked at me sideways, almost mockingly.

"No..." I huffed, "So I can have breakfast ready."

"Oh," he looked a little apologetic. "I'm leaving at eight."

"Sounds good, any requests?" I asked.

"Surprise me" he grinned.

"Well thanks for being no help" I mumbled.

"What was that?" he cupped his ear and moved closer, smiling. I know he heard me.

I could smell his cologne now, the scent was enticing. I found myself stepping closer to him. It was then that I really took in his height, he was a giant compared to me. He was tall, and I loved tall guys.

"You heard me" I put the hand that wasn't holding the popcorn on my hip and smiled.

"Aight I see how it is" he laughed, and I did too. His laugh was adorable.

"Sugar, HURRY UP!" Malik screamed from down the stairs.

"Aye! Don't be screaming in my house!" B yelled.

"Sorry," he called in a normal tone, and we laughed. I could hear Malik laughing too.

"Aight well" Brian veered his attention back to me, looking into my eyes, "Goodnight Sugar."

That same urge to hug him came back to me, it was like an itch I couldn't scratch. I was in love with this guy. I just met him today, but it felt like I'd known him for years. Meeting your idol was really surreal. It felt like a schoolgirl crush.

I looked down, then back up at him. I bit my lip, which is what I normally did when I was nervous. "Goodnight Brian."

He smiled at me for a moment longer, then brushed passed me and headed for his bedroom.

"Night Lik!" he said loudly as he walked past the stairs that led to the theater.

"Night nigga!" He said back. I was laughing as I came back down the stairs. "Took you long enough!" Malik threw up his hands as he saw me.

"Sorry" I smiled, "Could've gotten it yourself ya know!" I shrugged, then sat down next to him.
We sat and watched the movie, having a good time. He tried to be sneaky and put his arm around my neck.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked, pulling his arm away.

"Can't blame a nigga for tryin'!" He laughed.

"How old are you?" I asked him.

"Twenty."

"Awh you're a baby!" I pinched his cheek, snickering.

"Please, you're only twenty-one," he said as he brushed my hand away.

I sighed. "I know, I was just playin'," I responded realizing he was growing annoyed.

He was silent for a heartbeat. Then he spoke up. "I know I just met you tonight, but you seem like a cool chick and I like that."

"Thanks" I smiled, "You're not too bad either."

"Thank you?" he said in a confused voice.

I laughed at his facial expression, "You know I'm kidding. But yeah I feel the same way too. We just met but I feel like I know you!"

"I'm glad Yanna called you," he smiled.

"I am too actually" I smiled back.

I looked up and the movie was over. I hadn't even been paying attention.

"Let's go upstairs," he said and helped me up from the couch. We both trudged up the stairs, obviously tired. He told me to wait while he put the popcorn bowl in the sink. I looked at the clock on the stove, it read three thirty. I was gonna hate myself in the morning. He carried my bag for me.

We walked past a few empty rooms until he stopped at one and opened the door. He put my bag on the floor and then turned to me. "You should stay in here," he gave me a sleepy smile. His dimples sunk in deep like two big craters.

He looked so freakin cute.

"Why's that?" I asked as I plopped down on the bed.

"Cause my room is right there" he pointed at the room right across the hall.

"You tryna keep tabs on me huh?" I asked, already getting under the covers.

"Something like that," he said still smiling.

I closed my eyes and smiled. "Alright, then goodnight Malik. See you in the morning."

I didn't hear him say anything else, but a moment later I felt a kiss on my forehead. I opened my eyes to see him walking away, "Goodnight ma" he called over his shoulder as he closed the door.

Did I just imagine that? Or did he really just kiss me on the forehead?

I brushed off the feeling, closing my eyes again. Then I realized something.

"I'm in B. Caesar's house!" I said out loud. All the times I wished that I could meet him, and here I am sleeping in his house! I could've screamed for joy, but I knew everyone was asleep.

So I just closed my eyes and thanked God for working this out for me. I set my alarm for six thirty and then, fell asleep.