2. Trial Run.

I wanted to make something good, but not something too fancy.

I decided to make Chicken Parmigiana. To go along with it I made garlic cheese bread and mixed veggies. I made peach martinis to drink. I baked a peach cobbler and a chocolate lava cake. It took me a little while to find all the plates and silverware, but I placed all the food on the dining room table. Sort of a "Self Serve" theme.

It was only 8:32, so I decided to get ready. Half of me wanted to go upstairs and find B's room, but I didn't let that get the best of me. So I found a bathroom downstairs.

I had been cooking in my sweats since no one was home, so I changed into my work attire. I put on a pair of black slacks and a white dress shirt. I left the top button undone and rolled up the sleeves to my elbows. I slipped into my black Louis Vuitton's, and put on my diamond earrings. Then I did my makeup, but I kept it simple. It was only dinner! I pulled my long black hair into a bun, and I was all set.

Now all I had to do was wait. B had a doc station in the kitchen, so I plugged in my iPhone as I put the finishing touches on the lava cake. I thought it was only right that I play a song by B, so I turned to his latest hit single and sang along.

A few moments later I heard the front door being unlocked. I immediately started to sweat like crazy, how am I supposed to introduce myself? My hands were shaking so badly that I dropped the spoon that I was stirring with, and the chocolate filling flew all over the floor.

"Shit!" I yelled quietly.

I walked to the sink and grabbed a dish rag. I heard footsteps coming down the hallway.

"Don't step in here yet, I spilled something" I said as I bent over and wiped up my mess.

"I come home after a long day and I can't even step into my own kitchen?" a smooth but angry voice said.

I looked up, and that's when I saw him. He was even more godly than I ever imagined. His eyes were a beautiful shade of brown, and his smooth caramel skin nearly made me drool. His voice was authoritative, but he had a huge smile on his face letting me know that he was kidding.

"I'm sorry Mr. Caesar-" I started

"Call me Brian" he cut me off, smiling.

"Well, I'm sorry Brian. I get a little clumsy when I'm nervous" I was embarrassed to have to admit that.

"Nervous of what? Me?" he asked faking surprise.

"Yes" I fidgeted with the buttons on my shirt, "Just want to make a good impression"

Someone behind him cleared their throat. I was so caught up with B that I hadn't even noticed the other people in the room.

I looked past him to see his friends. There were five other men; some with familiar faces and one I'd never seen before. Then of course there was his girlfriend Erica Rodgers, who was accompanied by her well-known assistant turned bestie. Half of the industry stood in this kitchen.

"Who's this?" Erica asked B, motioning towards me.

"Oh uhhhh..." he struggled.

"Saria" I supplied. "But you can call me Sugar."

"This is Sugar" he smiled at me then turned to her, "She's interviewing to be my new chef."

"Well I don't see any food" she huffed

"It's in the dining room, follow me" I walked towards the dining room, feeling like this was my house and not his.

They all made "ooooh" sounds when they saw the food.