So...

I never thought this would happen but I'm kinda losing interest in this book.

The plot just feels basic and not that different from the other watcher Grian aus I've read.

I also feel like I've made Grian too overpowered in this and I dont like it, I feel like there needs to be more power balance between the characters.
When I first started writing this Grian was my favourite hermit so inevitably I made him my focal character and therefore made him the most powerful and added hints at trauma and secrecy and pretty much neglected the other characters in the book.
So, when I went to try and move the focus away from grian by changing the story to focus on Xisuma and his life a bit more the story just stopped making sense to me.

In top of that there are several plot holes and just things that I've said have happened that I no longer think should've happened and things that didnt happen which I wish I had said did happen.

...

In short, I'm taking a somewhat long break from this book to focus more on my newer book 'Hiding In Plain Sight." (HIPS)

It's a fantasy kingdom au, not set in any season so no seasons of Hermitcraft are cannon to it and no set time period so it all up to the imagination on how you picture the kingdom to look!

Without spoiling it too much its mainly focused on the castle life and in the people who life in and around it. Hybrids (The Mythics) are the outcasts and humans are in charge.

The book will be entirely written in 3rd person instead of 1st person like this book and I think I prefer writing in 3rd person more than I did writing in 1st person. 3rd person has also made it easier for me to not have bias towards a particular character so we meet a lot more people faster and the book gets straight into the action and drama almost immediately.

I'm having a lot of fun writing it and it feels like the storyline is going a lot smoother than it did in this book as I'm planning the events and characters more methodically instead of making everything up on the spot like I did in this book.

...

So, this is me signing off from The Wings I Was Forced To Have until I'm ready to continue it (if I ever will be ready) or until I decide to rewrite is the best way forward for this book.

~Echo