Chapter 10: Secrecy

[Trigger Warning (TW): This chapter contains some mentions of gore. I have tried to minimise the amount of description about the gore but with me being me I may unintentionally go into a lot of detail about certain things.
Like I did in a prior chapter about a single book...
~echo star]

POV:Grian
Location: Admin HQ

The floor beneath me was no longer cold and hard but it wasnt comfy and warm either. I tried to open my eyes so I wasnt looking into the black emptiness of the void around me but I couldnt move them. I tried to bring my hands up to my face to see if I could force them open but they felt as though they were too heavy to move. I tried to sit up but it felt as though I had been chained down. I couldnt move yet I felt as though the desolate void around me was swirling in all kinds of distorted patterns eventhough everything around me was pure darkness.

Where am I? What's going on? I though to myself as I gave up trying to move around. There was nothing to see anyways so I wasnt too bothered about the fact I couldnt move or see anything.

...

It felt as though hours had passed while I was just float in this bottomless void space when inaudible muttering becan to echo around me. The void was no longer pitch black darkness but a deep purple that let out a soft glow around me. Yet, I still couldnt move any part of my body, I was forced to watch as the void around me gradually changed colour and brightness.

After what seemed like another couple of hours my body suddenly felt light, as if I was floating around in space. Well, technically I was floating around in some form of empty space but now I had a lot more control and my movements felt effortless.

Carefully I moved my hands up to my face and to my surprise they were both my usual skin tone, there were no signs of discolouration at all. I pulled the sleeve of my right arm up to my elbow to check and there were still no signs of discolouration. I wasnt sure what to be think at this point, it was hard to think with the constant distorted muttering floating around me all the time. I couldn't really make out anything that was said but I could tell there were quite a few different languages mixed in with the muttering. There was some English, French, German, Galactic, Ancient Nether languages, Endarian and some other languages that I eigher didnt recognise or didnt know the name of.

As I was trying to focus on the speech around me, I barely noticed the shift in colour of the void around me slowly darken before turning to a very pale, dull purple colour very similar to grey except with hints of reds and blues creating the muted purple that filled the surroundings.

It seemed like I had been trapped in the void for almost an eternity when I started to recognise one of the muffled voices around me.

"Grian? Grian? You there? Hello?"

The voice was soft and warm, despite there clearly being a concerned tone present in the voice it was still soothing to hear. The sound if the voice drowned out all the other muffled and distorted voices lingering around me as my eyes began to slowly open.

After a few audible signs of tiredness and a small amount of shuffling around I had finally managed to slightly sit myself up in the bed I had now been placed in. The room around me was bright and it took a few minutes for my eyes to adjust to the light.

"I'm glad you're awake now. How are you feeling?"

After short pause while I was trying to get my eyes to readjust to the light I saw Tertiary Admin-Healer Celeste standing over me. I noticed that we weren't in the hospital wing but instead I had been placed on my own bed. The blankets had been pushed off the bed and piled up on a nearby chair and the pillows had been shifted around to support my back, wings and head properly.