Chapter 2: A New Beginning...

POV: None
Location: Hermitcraft Season VIII

It was a bright and sunny day and a fresh start for all the hermits. Each one of them was eager to explore their new server for season VIII and get started on the chore everyone had to do at the beginning of a new minecraft world or server.

After the usual beginning talk at the start of every new season where everyone discussed the basic rules of the server (things such as being fair and kind to one another and wars that are started are not completely serious and the things that are said shouldn't be taken to heart. Pranks and such are allowed as long as all players involved are fine with it and if a lot of damage is done then after the prank the players involved help repair it as much as they can.) Everyone separated into their groups and went to find an area for each of them to settle in and to begin planning their builds in.

One group decided to wander away from spawn to an almost secluded area to set up and start building their starter homes after gathering all their necessary resources to hopefully get them all through the beginning of the season. The groups members were Grian, GoodTimesWithScar, Mumbo Jumbo, PearlescentMoon and ImpulseSV. However, instead of being productive at the start of this new season, these hermits decided to stack boats on top of other blocks such as a crafting table, a bed and an amethyst block. If the start of this season involved the group causing this much chaos with the 'Boatem Pole' then who knows what else the group might get involved with later on.

At least, one member in particular wasn't expecting to relive all of their past trauma in the space of a few weeks of getting started in the new season. However, for now all they had to worry about was getting a starter base set up so they'd all have somewhere to spend their nights while their main bases were being planned out.

...

Mumbo had decided that this season he was going to follow a new motto "Peace, Love and Plants" he had promised himself that he would not cause harm to anything on the server and he would not be getting involved with any fights. Initially Mumbo started the season wearing his Hawaiian shirt and a pair of shorts, which the other hermits didn't realise he was wearing as the shorts themselves were a fairly light beige colour which almost completely matched Mumbo's skin tone. The hermits enjoyed teasing Mumbo about how it looked as if he wasn't wearing and pants at all.

Mumbo tried his best to not seem agitated at all the random comments he got as it took each hermit a short while before they came to the realisation that Mumbo was actually wearing shorts.

"Mumbo." A familiar voice said from behind the moustached man.

Mumbo spun around in the little cave he had dug out to see a confused Grian standing behind him. It was obvious Grian was looking at Mumbo's shorts trying to work out if they were there or not but he was trying his best to not make it seem awkward as he was staring down at Mumbo rather than making eye contact.

"Yes, Grian. What is it?" Mumbo replied, knowing exactly what his best friend was going to ask him about since he had already dealt with more or less every other hermit asking him the same question about his shorts and doing a similar action to Grian where they didn't want to make anything awkward but couldn't quite tell if Mumbo was wearing pants or not.

"Are you wearing any pants at all?"

"Yes, I am wearing shorts. can you not see them?" Mumbo replied to the half-shocked hermit.

"Oh-" Grian said as he came to the realisation that Mumbo was indeed wearing shorts "I've just noticed them now, they're fairly hard to see, especially when we're half underground so there isn't a lot of sunlight to see you clearly."

"I'm aware of the colour of my shorts, Grian. I'm pretty sure more or less all the other hermits have made some sort of comment on them already. I may as well go back to wearing my suit at this point, at least that way I won't get asked the same question from someone every five minutes or so." Mumbo half-heartedly replied, his tone showed his tiredness from having to answer the same question multiple times.

Grian, however, had gone slightly red from embarrassment as he felt slightly stupid for not noticing the shorts sooner and for even thinking that Mumbo would actually walk around with no pants on at all. Mumbo noticed this and let out a light chuckle at his embarrassed friend as a way of trying to reassure him that Mumbo wasn't offended at all and the question hadn't bothered him.

"So, Grian... Why do you always wear that red jumper?" Mumbo jokingly said trying to lighten the mood and make his friend happier.

"I've already told you this Mumbo, I was practically born with this jumper and theres nothing more about it that you need to know." A slightly agitated Grian responded trying to hold back his laughter.

He knew what Mumbo was trying to do and he decided to let Mumbo have his fun. Mumbo was basically asking about Grian's jumper to try and 'give him a taste of his own medicine' to see how he likes being asked the same question over and over. Eventually, Grian gave in and ended up joining in with Mumbo and as the pair of them gathered some cobblestone to make some basic tools and a furnace to get them started.

Meanwhile, Pearl was settling into Hermitcraft quite nicely, it was her first time on the server and she had already been dragged into joining Boatem. It was a peaceful server, she's always enjoyed building and was eager to join in and become a hermit. Initially, Pearl joined with GeminiTay but when the groups separated she decided to follow Grian, Scar, Mumbo and Impulse not expecting to be dragged into their group and no doubt having to join in with their shenanigans and plans as well.

[General Chat]

<XisumaVoid> How's everyone settling into the new season so far?

<Mumbo Jumbo> Everything's going great, it would be better if people focused less on my shorts and more on the fact Scar is literally wearing a tiny hat

<GoodTimeWithScar> What's wrong with my hat?

<Mumbo Jumbo> It's tiny! It's clearly too small for your head

<GoodTimeWithScar> There is still nothing wrong with my hat...

<Mumbo Jumbo> Yes, there is something wrong with your hat, it shouldn't be that small

<GoodTimeWithScar> Well, you need new shorts then people wouldn't be questioning if you were wearing any all the time

<XisumaVoid> Guys can we stop the arguing, I was just asking how things were going so far. I wasn't asking for a debate

<Mumbo Jumbo> I'm sorry I started it...

<GoodTimeWithScar> I'm sorry too

<XisumaVoid> Its alright

Pearl's new communicator was buzzing constantly with all the sudden messages in chat, she still wasn't quite used to using her communicator. It had been a little while since she was last on a server and since them communicators had been upgraded, therefore she wasn't entirely sure how it worked. She carefully took the grey rectangular object out of her pocket, there were a few small buttons on the side of the communicator, one was black which was the on/off button, one was red which turned on/off the alert noise for the communicator (currently Pearl's was turned off, she had been advised to keep it turned off since the chat can get quite chaotic at times and a constant beeping of the communicator can get annoying fairly quickly.) Lastly, there was a blue button which was the vibration mode, the mode most hermits used as it would alert them about messages and the communicator made a soft 'buzzing' sound when it vibrated, so it wasn't as annoying as the constant beeping of the 'alert mode'.

Pearl pressed the black button the side of her communicator and the black screen became illuminated and revealed the server's chat. In the top right corner of the screen there were three dots, when you pressed on them you could select two different chat modes. Main chat that was normally used to talk to everyone on the server at once and private messages, so you could talk to one other player and no-one else could read your messages. The default mode was the main chat, which was basically one large group chat, private messages were very rarely used.

Pearl quickly read through all the messages and quietly laughed to herself to see Mumbo and Scar arguing over clothes of all topics. She decided she wasn't going to attempt to send a message yet until she had a better understanding of the new communicator system. Instead, she continued working on her starter base, all she had to do now was wait for some of her copper to age a little bit more before she used it on her build.

[A/N - there will probably be a slow start to the storyline since I'm not the best at building up to drama, sorry ~echo star]