27 | Dress-Up

Ellie's POV:

Today was the day that me and Nik were heading to see his family.

Mainly to give his sister her dress, but also to see his mother and father, and when I tell you I am nervous as hell. I mean it.

The thing is, we can't even say that we are together, which honestly sends a bullet straight to my heart

But technically, we still have to act like we are not together.

Knowing Nikolai. His family is probably scary just like him, and maybe even TO proper.

That's what I am guessing.

I met with Anthony and Beverly for lunch a few hours to make sure that they were still alive and that they were fine.

And they were. But I can definitely tell that Beverly was suspicious about how I was going to give the 'dress' to his sisters house WITH Nikolai.

But, my brother thought it was just strict business. So, he didn't have an opinion on it, thank God.

But when it comes to Beverly, I am pretty sure she knows that something is going on between me and Nik.

When it comes to the dress, though, I worked all night to finish it. And I did.

But now I am tired and have serious bags under my eyes that even a gallon of concealer wouldn't be able to fix.

So, I just hope I look alright.

****

We stood at the very front of the door as my eyes studied his home. It was massive. It was filled with sleek black and white. Not a single part of this home was outdated.

Guards surrounded the premises. Protecting each corner of this property. With their lives.

Nik glanced over at me and probably could see the nerves plastered on my face because he gently grabbed my hand in his as he squeezed gently.

"You'll be ok. My family isn't scary."

My head whipped to my right as I looked at him with disbelief.

"I have a hard time believing that when you are like THIS." I said as I looked him up and down.

I immediately let go of my hand from his as I gave him a serious glare. "And you know that we are not suppossed to be together. I am your sisters designer, and you are only bringing me here because of business."

He nodded without saying a word, when all of a sudden the door in front of us burst open, and revealed a middle-aged woman. She was wearing a dark blue dress that went above her knee caps, and that covered her shoulders.

Her tan skin complimented her black hair, and as you looked up and saw her eyes brown eyes, you could see she was the replication of Nik.

She was goregous. And if I hadn't guessed this was his mother, I would have thought she was in her 30s. She looked incredible.

"Nik! Oh my God! It's been so long since I saw you!" She said with a big smile.

He returned it, as she immediately ran over to him and threw her arms around him. Hugging him so tightly.

He returned the hug as he looked over her shoulder and mouthed, 'told you'

Yeah. They were definitely NOTHING like Nikolai. They were homey and comforting. And even though they were a part of the Mafia, they sure didn't act like it.

"It's been so long since we have seen you! How have you been?" His mother said as she reached out and touched his cheek.

Nik grabbed her wrist and gently sat it down as he shook it slightly. "I am fine. Where are dad and Rena?"