26 | Breathe

Nikolai's POV:

*1 DAY LATER*

I sat in the office of my hotel room, as 2 of my body guards stood right in front of my desk.

They looked as sharp as a tack, but I knew they were freaking out.

They were freaking out because I was.

They were mad because I was.

"Who the hell attacked the restaurant?" I asked.

One of my body guards, Darren, shook his head.

"I don't know, sir. They must have been eating in the place, otherwise we would have seen them."

I growled. "I don't give a flying fuck! Doesn't that stupid establishment have cameras?!" I yelled.

The second guard, Mark, sighed out.

"They do. But they were all shut down. They must have hacked back into the system before they robbed the place."

I immediately stood up and began to pace the room.

My hands sat at the back of my head, as I tried to calm my nerves, because I was this close to shooting one of men in the head.

"I work for Mafia Tech. No. I RUN it. I want every last detail you can find on these so called robbers, and I want all the tracking information and videos on these cameras."

"But sir-" Darren began to speak.

I stopped in front of my wood desk as I pounded on the surface with my fists, causing a jitter to all my stuff.

"I am not going to ask again! Their is always a flaw with someone's hacking. So unless you two want to end up dead on this floor in about 1 minute, I suggest you go do what I have asked." I growled out.

My voice was stern and serious. I was pissed.

The fact that someone tried to attack, me and my friends at this restaurant pissed me off. And what made me ever more made was that they were smart about it.

"They attacked my friends." I said. "And no one in their right mind does that, AND hack their systems unless they didn't want to get caught. So go now. And be grateful that you are not lying here dead."

I looked my men both dead in the eye as I studied them. And after my threat, they didn't dare try and cross me.

And before long, they each gave me a single nod, and out the door they went. And as soon as I heard the click to my hotel room I knew I was alone which sent a relief through my chest.

I took a seat in my desk chair, as I ran my fingers through my hair.

My mind was so many places I couldn't even focus. And the amount of anger that I was expirencing right now wasn't helping.

The break-in. Ellie. Anger. Ellie. Anthony and Beverly. My sisters wedding. Ellie.

I rubbed my forehead with my palm as I felt the blood rushing to my head, almost giving me a headache.

Thinking about Ellie, wasn't necessarily a bad thing. And if anything she was the only thing keeping me sane. 

I just feel awful that she bad to expirence that at the restaurant.

I can still remember the tears that coated her eyes, and her cheeks, how red and swollen they were from her stressing. The way her whole body was shaking.

It made me sick, and angry. I wanted to hurt whoever made her feel like that.

I wanted them laying dead on the ground, and rotting away forever.

I brought her on this vacation to have fun and take a break from work. But I have completed ruined it and instead brought her into a place where she was held at gunpoint and almost died.

Maybe she would be better without me.

Like Anthony has repeatedly said. I am not good for her. I am bad. I am mysterious. And unpredictable.

And although Ellie is fiesty, bossy, sassy and can be very rude when she wants to be. She is also the kindest, prettiest, and selfless person I have ever met.

And no matter how much I care about her, I could never, and would never hurt her.

My mind may be stupid, and I may due horrible and shitty things.

But my heart will refuse to do anything that brings her pain.

But I can't help but feel selfish when it comes to letting her go.