Chapter 14 - More Like You

"Well, um, my parents have been into drugs since I was eight, so I've pretty much taken care of myself since then.. Now, I do have a daughter. I'm bullied at my school because of her," I sniffled, "but only a few people know that I was raped, and that's how I got pregnant." I explained. A few people gasped, and I went on, "it turns out that the lady I worked for on Saturdays is related to the boy that raped me, she's his grandma. I am living with her now, but my parents have not signed the rights over to her. I still belong to my parents, but I'm living with Mrs. Smith" I breathed, "I don't have much more to say"

"Tell us some of your favorites or just small facts about you" Jean told me.

"Okay, um, my full name is Chloe Elizabeth Walters.. Kaely's full name is Kaely Grace Walters. I don't know what else to say" I laughed a little.

"Oh, that's alright. We'll get on with our lesson, then. Anyways, thank you Chloe and Kaely for joining us tonight" Jean smiled, and then started explaining the lesson.

———

Once the lesson was over, everyone just talked. I got some snacks and sat down with Kaely. Many people came over to me, asking to hold her. I would tell them "of course!" and hand her to them.

After a while, I think she got tired of being passed around, because she was crying when I'd hand her to someone else. She also seemed tired, so I asked Jean where there was a place to lay her down for a nap. She told me that they had a playpen for their grandchildren upstairs, so I laid her down in there.

When I got back downstairs, the girl named Piper came over to me and asked, "what's it like being a mum at fourteen?"

"It's kinda challenging, especially since I don't have much family to help me. My aunt and uncle help some, but nobody else in my family does. I have my aunt, uncle, and Mrs. Smith. That's it. But, after all, Kaely is good. She sleeps a lot, and when she isn't sleeping, the smallest things keep her entertained" I laughed.

"Well, I think you're a great mum, and I'm shocked at how well you're dealing with the whole situation. I would've never handled it like that. I wouldn't be able to do it without my parents or family, but you.. wow. You work to support you and Kaely at fourteen. That is amazing. I wish I would be more like you" she smiled.

"Well, thank you.. Nobody has ever said that to me before," I was so flattered. She was really nice.

"People should say it more often, then!" She said, then walked away. I think I'm going to like being a part of this youth group..