Chapter 7 - A Wonderful Man

March 1, 2008

Today, I was going to Mrs. Smith's house like usual. I started to walk there at ten in the morning and got there soon after. I knocked on her front door loudly, and she yelled, "come in!!"

I walked in and walked into the kitchen where she was, putting her dishes from breakfast away. I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"Oh, Chloe, I've missed you so much this week.. Come and sit down," she said, and that got me worried. She usually didn't say things like that unless bad things happened that week that I missed. I loved her like I loved my own grandmother, and I didn't like to see her hurt, especially when it's something sudden.

We walked into her living room, and she sat on her couch. She motioned for me to sit next to her, and I took her offer. I looked at her sitting beside me and asked her, "what happened this week? Is everything okay?"

"My son was killed in a car accident.." She said, and her head fell to her lap.

"Which son? Ken? Joseph?"

"Ken.."

"Oh, he was such a nice guy.."

"And he would've gladly taken you in if your parents would've let him."

"I bet," I sighed, "I'm so sorry, Mrs. Smith"

"Oh, it's alright Chloe. He's in a better place now."

"Oh.. Really?"

"Yes. He's in heaven, Chloe. Have you even been to church?"

"Once when I was very little.."

"God is a wonderful man, Chloe. He does everything for a reason. Think of the last terrible thing that happened to you. That's in God's plan for you."

"I don't know.."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure everything happens for a reason.."

"Like what?"

"Jacob," was all I had to say.

"Sweetie, it's all in God's plan. I promise."

"Thank you.. Mrs. Smith. I really needed that," just a quick talk like that helped me feel a little better.

"You're quite welcome."

"Now what do you want me to do first today?" I said, getting up and getting ready to do my work. I felt a lot better since she reminded me about everything being in God's plan for me. I'd have to remember that.

~

I'm really sorry that these have been extremely short chapters:( I haven't had much time to write lately. I've been having lots of family over and lots of sports going on this time of year..

Also, I'm sorry if you're an atheist, of another religion, or are offended by the talk of God in this chapter, but I have warned everyone about the mention and use of Christian language in this book.

-Lizzie❤️