Chapter 5 - Screams and New Friends

I heard something downstairs. It sounded like a door closing. Maybe somebody had heard me screaming?

"UP HERE!! IN THE BEDROOM!!" I screamed. Jacob slapped my face, keeping me from saying more. I heard footsteps up the stairs, then the door opened. There stood a woman, I'd say in her mid-twenties.

Jacob turned around to see the lady standing there. He got off the bed and walked towards her. She punched Jacob in the face, and he fell to the ground. I was glad. He wasn't able to torture me anymore, now that he was unconscious.

"Are you okay? What did he do to you?" She ran over to me and began to untie my hands, take the leg separator from my legs, and took the duct tape off of my chin.

"I- he-he he raped m-me and I-I am s-so scared.." I was crying.

"Do you know who he is?" She asked, pointing to Jacob while getting her phone out.

"Yeah. His name is Jacob Thomas. He's sixteen.."

"Okay. Thank you.. I'm calling the cops on him"

She put his boxers on him. She didn't want him being naked when the cops came, I guess. I got dressed, then I heard the lady talking to her phone. Her phone was on speaker phone.

While getting my clothes back on, I realized I hurt so much that I couldn't walk very well. This was going to be a problem.. I laid on the bed, half-crying, while listening to the woman talk on the phone with the cops.

"Yes, um, this is Jessica Davidson.. I was walking on the sidewalk and heard screams. This teenage girl was being raped by Jacob Thomas, sixteen years old"

"Jacob Thomas?" The police officer asked.

"Yes. He's here at, um," I told her the address, then she told the police officer.

"We'll be there soon"

"Thank you officer" she hung up, and hugged me, "you sure you're alright?"

"I'm sure. And where are you from?"

"I'm from California, USA. I'm visiting my brother here in Sydney"

"Oh. Your accent is pretty" I complimented.

"Thank you. Yours is too" she smiled and said back.

We got to talking, and I told her all about my parents and my situation. I told her about working to make money to pay our house bills and get food for myself. She was amazed. I think I just made a new friend..