Chapter 10 - The Truth

"But, sweetie, I did.."

"What do you mean?" I was completely confused.

"Jacob.. He's my grandson" my mouth flew open in shock. I had no idea!

"What?" I still wanted to make sure I heard her right.

"My daughter's son"

"But you don't have a daughter.." I wondered what she was saying, if she was going crazy or what.

"I did"

"What do you mean 'you did'?"

"Jacob's mum, my daughter, was murdered when Jacob was about nine" she choked up, beginning to cry.

"Oh, I'm- I'm sorry to hear that.."

"Jacob saw the murder.. He saw his own mother being killed.. Strangled, tied up, and shot"

"Oh my god.."

"He's been destructive ever since" I said nothing until she continued, "I feel I should've told you to stay away from him.."

"Mrs. Smith, it's perfectly fine. Now I'm having your great-grandchild" I smiled at the thought of it. She was always like a grandma to me, and she was going to be the great-grandmother to my baby.

"Yeah. I didn't think of it that way," she smiled also.

"I am totally fine with being the one that gets pregnant because of him instead of somebody else," I admitted, even though I still didn't like being pregnant at thirteen.

"But you won't have anybody to help you with the baby but me," she reminded me.

"What about Jacob's dad?" I wondered, but that idea was shot down too.

"He's into many drugs and alcohol like your parents, sweetie" she told me and my lips turned to a frown.

"Oh. Well, that's completely fine also. If I can take care of myself and have some extra time and extra money, I can take care of the baby, with some help from you"

"Yeah. It'll be alright"

"I'm just so nervous about everything, though.. I'm thirteen and pregnant! What will the kids at school say? What will my teachers say? What will my aunt and uncle say? Will I have to stay home from school? Will I be able to still go to school? Will labor and birth hurt? I am so nervous about the whole pregnancy.." I explained.

"Sweetheart, it'll be alright. I'll be there to help you"

"Thanks Mrs. Smith. You've helped a lot" I smiled but was still worried, then she smiled back and said, "you're very welcome, Chloe"

Now I wasn't so nervous. I was still a little nervous, but Mrs. Smith has helped a little. I felt better about this now.