Chapter 3 - Laughs but Not the Good Kind

Later, at eight, I walked to his house. I knew where he lived because a lot of parties go on at his house.

I got there, rang the doorbell, and he opened the door. He greeted me with a smile and a, "Hey Chloe!!!" 

"Hi Jacob" I said back.

"My parents are away for the weekend and I get the house all to myself" he told me.

"This is a really nice place" I said, looking around.

"It is?" He wondered.

"Well, yeah, I guess" I said, still admiring how big it was and I wondered how he liked living like this, all of this room. He showed me around, then showed me his room. He had this big room all to himself! I have my own room, but it's not even a third of this size.

"Is something wrong, Chloe?" He asked.

"No, nothing's wrong," I assured him. 

"What do you like to watch on tv?" He wondered.

"I don't watch tv" I told him, and he laughed.

"oh, that's funny, Chloe.. You don't watch tv!?" He laughed again.

"No.." I said quietly, but he didn't hear me.

"Okay, since you 'don't watch tv' what movies do you like?" 

"I haven't watched one in a while"

"Since when?"

"When I was eight"

He laughed at me for the third time, "you're hilarious, Chloe!! You don't watch tv or movies!? Then what do you do for fun? Do you play a sport?"

"No.. I don't have time"

"Why don't you have time?" He laughed.

"Because my parents decided not to work or take care of me just for drugs and alcohol, okay!? Now I have to take care of myself! I have to work for people every night and on the weekends. Now are you happy you know why I don't watch tv, movies, or play sports? I have to take care of my own self!!"

"Well, tonight, I'll take care of you" he came closer to me. I was so scared.. What did he mean? Was he saying what I think he was? I really hoped not. But the closer he came, the more I knew he was saying what I thought he was, and he was doing what I thought he was. It's not what I wanted him to, it's what I thought he was doing. I didn't want him to, but he did it anyways. And I was terrified.