~78~

The dimly lit room was filled with tension as Ivan sat across the mahogany table from his step uncle, Alfredo. The air was thick with the stench of betrayal and desperation. Alfredo was a maniacal figure, known for his unpredictable behavior and ruthless nature. Ivan knew he had to tread carefully, for this deal had far more at stake than a mere business transaction.

The room was filled with a handful of Alfredo's trusted henchmen, their eyes cold and calculating. Ivan took note of their positions, the shadows they cast, and the weapons concealed beneath their tailored suits. He knew that he had to be careful, precise, and decisive to survive this encounter.

Ivan's keen eyes locked onto Alfredo's cold gaze. It was a chilling reminder of the danger that lurked beneath the surface. They were both men of the underworld, ruthless in their own ways, but Ivan prided himself on his cunning and intelligence. He wouldn't let Alfredo succeed in his malicious traps.

"So, Ivan," Alfredo spoke with a twisted smile, revealing yellowed teeth. "Are you ready to seal the deal?"

Ivan's voice remained steady as he replied, "Of course, Alfredo. But before we proceed, I must ask you a question."

Alfredo leaned back in his chair, his eyes narrowing. "Ask away."

Ivan hesitated for a moment, gathering his thoughts. He had to be careful with his words; one wrong move could cost him his life. "Tell me, Alfredo, what is my mother's involvement in this deal?"

Alfredo's smile faltered, replaced by a flicker of surprise. "Your mother? What does she have to do with this?"

Ivan's eyes pierced through Alfredo, unyielding. "Don't play dumb, Alfredo. I know you've manipulated her, twisted her loyalty to suit your own wicked desires."

A sinister chuckle escaped Alfredo's lips.

"Your mother has always been weak, Ivan. It was easy to bend her to my will. But why should you care? Isn't this all about business?"

Ivan clenched his fists, feeling the anger surge within him. He had known that his mother was involved with Alfredo, but the depth of her betrayal cut deeper than he had imagined. "You underestimate me, Alfredo. This is not just business; this is about family, trust, and honor. And you have tainted them all."

Alfredo's eyes darkened, his hand inching toward the concealed weapon at his side. "You're a fool, Ivan. You think you can outsmart me? I've seen men twice as cunning as you fall at my feet."

Ivan's gaze remained unwavering. He knew that Alfredo would try to strike at him, and he had to be prepared. His mind raced, strategizing every move and countermove. "You may have seen men fall, Alfredo, but I am not just any man. I am a force to be reckoned with."

With lightning speed, Ivan lunged forward, his own gun drawn and aimed at Alfredo's heart. The room erupted into chaos as the two men engaged in a deadly dance of survival. Their movements were calculated, precise, and ruthlessly efficient.

Alfredo fought with wild ferocity, his attacks fueled by a twisted madness. But Ivan's training and intellect gave him an edge. He anticipated Alfredo's every move, countering with swift and brutal precision. Blow after blow was exchanged, the struggle echoing through the room. A bunch of Alfredo's henchmen were their to cross in Ivan's path but the man successfully taken down all of them.

As the fight raged on, Ivan caught a glimpse of his mother, Alice, standing at the doorway, her eyes wide with a mix of fear and desperation. The realization hit him like a sledgehammer – Alfredo had manipulated her far more than he had anticipated. Alice was a pawn in this deadly game. But is she that naive to be on this man's side.